The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wicked Good Briquettes - Any Good? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159456)

sdbbq1234 04-24-2013 08:49 PM

Wicked Good Briquettes - Any Good?

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody using the Wicked Good Briquette product?

I tried searching, but could not find a lot of info.

Thanks!

wallace

ddweatherholtz 04-24-2013 08:58 PM

I like it. A bit pricey but sometimes on sale ill grab some bags.

shirknwrk 04-24-2013 09:04 PM

It IS "Wicked Good" burns long and hot. ACE dropped it and WG website doesn't list any dealers in MO or KS.

pwa 04-24-2013 09:32 PM

I've used it and really like it, it on par with there Lump. Which is fantastic!!

pwa

Vision 04-24-2013 09:46 PM

They're not great like their lump but are still good. The briquettes are make from lump dust and a natural binder. Compared to other high end briquettes the WG are light and tend to fall apart if you want to use them again. They burn hot. Also, like most lump, the ash is light so it flys around when you open a kettle lid.

If your aim is a high end briquette I would skip them and find k comp or stubbs.

In fact, if you ever come up to Baltimore I'll sell you a bag or two.

ddweatherholtz 04-24-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 2459708)
They're not great like their lump but are still good. The briquettes are make from lump dust and a natural binder. Compared to other high end briquettes the WG are light and tend to fall apart if you want to use them again. They burn hot. Also, like most lump, the ash is light so it flys around when you open a kettle lid.

If your aim is a high end briquette I would skip them and find k comp or stubbs.

In fact, if you ever come up to Baltimore I'll sell you a bag or two.

How many bags ya got for sale?

shirknwrk 04-25-2013 05:20 AM

Oops!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirknwrk (Post 2459661)
It IS "Wicked Good" burns long and hot. ACE dropped it and WG website doesn't list any dealers in MO or KS.

Sorry, didn't read the "Briquettes" on the bag. Only used their lump.

WannaBeBBQueen 04-25-2013 06:17 AM

Their lump is great...ive never tried the briquettes.

Vision 04-25-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddweatherholtz (Post 2459748)
How many bags ya got for sale?

I'll check but I believe there are two bags left.

sdbbq1234 04-25-2013 11:06 AM

Wicked Good is really tough to find and if you order on-line, well there goes a bunch more money on shipping.

I have a co-worker who can stop by the Dizzy Pig place and get some, so, I wanted to see what others thought about the Briquettes as I might use a mix of Briquettes and Lump.

Thanks.

wallace