I thought that I had got so good at cooking pig legs that I would try my own leg. LOL I was cooking some chicken last wednesday and we were so busy at lunch that I didn't get the chicken on till about 2:30 and I had some customers coming at 5 to get some s I fired up the propane burner in the smoker to speed things up a little. Well about 30 minutes later the flame went out and I opened the fire door and stuck a torch in to light it back up and it was full of gas. It shot a 2 foot square flame all the way to the front of the trailer and you guessed it I was right in front of it. I consider myself a very lucky man. It took off all the hair off both arms legs and face but the left leg wasn't so lucky 2nd and 3rd degree burns from my knee to my ankle. Now it has got infected and I have to go to the wound center tomorrow for treatment. Needless to say the burner is now standing against the wall in the shop. All jokes aside be careful with propane, I usually open the big doors on the cabinet smoker to light the burner but I just got careless one time and it put me out of work for 2 weeks.
Thanks, Jeff Therrell
04-18-2013 12:43 AM
Sorry to read about the accident. I trust all will be OK.
Lesson to all Brethern. We are playing with fire here.
04-18-2013 12:44 AM
Heal quick and learn mate
04-18-2013 12:45 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery! Hope it goes smoothly for you.
04-18-2013 04:43 AM
Man that's scary. Here's to a speedy recovery.
04-18-2013 06:35 AM
Man, this ain't no laughing kind of thing. Take care of that leg and do it now! Wound infections, especially those starting with a burn are nothing to take lightly! Hope you are back in action soon, best of luck!
04-18-2013 06:38 AM
As bad as it is, glad you're ok it could have been worse. Hoping recovery is speedy.
04-18-2013 07:54 AM
I was hoping the title of your post wasn't what I thought it was....
Sorry to hear that. Prayers for your recovery, and thank you for the cautionary tale.
04-18-2013 08:20 AM
Thanks for the reminder and get well soon.
04-18-2013 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Propane can be quite dangerous.
04-18-2013 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear that. The worst I've done is backed into my still hot chimney while wearing shorts.
04-18-2013 09:25 AM
Oh man, thats terrible. I'm so sorry for your pain.
Get well soon and get back on that horse!
04-18-2013 09:39 AM
WOW glad your well enough to tell us about it, Praying for a speedy recovery