The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Want to join a PNWBA team (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158775)

PorkDork 04-15-2013 08:52 PM

Want to join a PNWBA team
 
Just wanted to put the word out that I'm interested in joining/helping out any team that might be looking for any help this season.

I live in NE Oregon and would be able to travel to OR, ID, WA.

If you have a spot, or have any ideas of anything that might help please let me know!

Thanks!

PorkDork 04-23-2013 03:41 PM

Ok, I changed my mind, I DON'T really want to help a team out (#ReversePsychology)...

swamprb 04-25-2013 06:19 AM

Well, you started in the right place!

I noticed you posted on the PNWBA site as well.
Next off, I'd suggest you get involved and attend a competition and judging or cooking class to network with with teams and likeminded individuals. There will be a PNWBA Feed Our Troops in the Tacoma, WA area on June 15th that is seeking volunteers and another in the works for Fairchild AFB in the Spokane, WA area being formed.
Or consider a trip to the Oregon Coast Memorial Day weekend for the KCBS sanctioned BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay in North Bend OR. John Hunt is the organizer and Mark Silver is the Rep. and they really helped me a lot when I first got started. There is always a need for a helping hand if you really are serious.

didisea 04-25-2013 02:50 PM

I am looking for an assistant(s) for the BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay in North Bend OR Memorial Day weekend if you are interested in coming. I'm a one person team, and it is really hard to cook KCBS contests by yourself. If you can only come for one day, Sunday, May 26th would be the day that you could be most helpful.

columbia1 04-25-2013 04:03 PM

Porkdork, we were talking this morning about doing the McKinley springs comp, you are more than welcome to come by!!

bigdogphin 04-26-2013 08:50 PM

Take the Oregon Pitmaster/judging class on May 5th.. Like Brian said good place to start to networking...

PorkDork 05-01-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbia1 (Post 2460393)
Porkdork, we were talking this morning about doing the McKinley springs comp, you are more than welcome to come by!!

I will! I've decided I'm just going to come up and and spectate if nothing else! I've been talking a PNWBA rep and trying to get in with a team, but it's kind of difficult via the computer. What's the name of you team??

PorkDork 05-01-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by didisea (Post 2460334)
I am looking for an assistant(s) for the BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay in North Bend OR Memorial Day weekend if you are interested in coming. I'm a one person team, and it is really hard to cook KCBS contests by yourself. If you can only come for one day, Sunday, May 26th would be the day that you could be most helpful.

I would love to help you out, but cant make this event! Any other events this year that you might need an extra set of hands??

columbia1 05-09-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorkDork (Post 2467008)
I will! I've decided I'm just going to come up and and spectate if nothing else! I've been talking a PNWBA rep and trying to get in with a team, but it's kind of difficult via the computer. What's the name of you team??

Tombstone BBQ, Chris and myself are looking forward to meeting you!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.