The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Got some Boneless skinless breast (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158442)

Fatalis 04-11-2013 04:47 PM

Got some Boneless skinless breast
 
What temp do I fast cook these at? I was going to use a little cherry wood and cover the breasts in yardbird, not sure what else to do?:icon_blush:

TheKomoman 04-11-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatalis (Post 2444449)
What temp do I fast cook these at? I was going to use a little cherry wood and cover the breasts in yardbird, not sure what else to do?:icon_blush:

I have a picky 17 year old daughter that won't eat the legs or thighs.. or yardbird for that matter. So I have experience in these matters!

You just grill 'em like burgers. If you have an hour or so before you cook them brining them helps a lot, then make sure you give them a few minutes rest before serving.

Fatalis 04-11-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKomoman (Post 2444454)
I have a picky 17 year old daughter that won't eat the legs or thighs.. or yardbird for that matter. So I have experience in these matters!

You just grill 'em like burgers. If you have an hour or so before you cook them brining them helps a lot, then make sure you give them a few minutes rest before serving.


Any ideas at temp?

DownHomeQue 04-11-2013 05:01 PM

Would Say around 300-350..

Grabnabber 04-11-2013 07:56 PM

I usually cook them at 350-375* for 20-25 minutes (until internal is 160/165*) flipping every 5 minutes. Direct heat.

If you cook indirect just flip them once halfway thru. :mrgreen:

BBQ PD 04-11-2013 08:00 PM

I agree with grilling them like a burger, hot and fast over direct heat. I usually coat them in olive oil, season them up, then put them on the grill at about 450* for 4 minutes per side. Comes out perfect every time.

buccaneer 04-11-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKomoman (Post 2444454)
I have a picky 17 year old daughter that won't eat the legs or thighs.. or yardbird for that matter. So I have experience in these matters!

You just grill 'em like burgers. If you have an hour or so before you cook them brining them helps a lot, then make sure you give them a few minutes rest before serving.

Agreed.
High heat 375-450 and do them fast and get them off in 8 minutes total, or they dry out.

buccaneer 04-11-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ PD (Post 2444703)
I agree with grilling them like a burger, hot and fast over direct heat. I usually coat them in olive oil, season them up, then put them on the grill at about 450* for 4 minutes per side. Comes out perfect every time.

:laugh: we typed at the same time, next time lemme know :laugh:

CharredApron 04-11-2013 08:34 PM

boneless, no skin, I prefer the microwave at high heat 1.5 minutes. served in a hotdog bun. Yummy!

caseydog 04-11-2013 08:43 PM

You need to cook breasts as quickly as possible. I butterfly mine before cooking to give them an even thickness, and make them cook faster. The even thickness keeps you from having them done right in the middle, and overcooked on the ends.

300 to 350 is good.

CD

Johnny_Crunch 04-11-2013 10:28 PM

I'm with CD on butter flying them. Cooks even and quickly. Use a thermo and don't go over 160 and you will produce a great product.

BBQ PD 04-12-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buccaneer (Post 2444707)
:laugh: we typed at the same time, next time lemme know :laugh:

I just think it's great minds think alike :becky:.

beteez 04-12-2013 02:08 AM

I 2nd brining it helps to keep them juicy, ad some garlic oor old bay to ad some flavor.

benniesdad 04-12-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beteez (Post 2445024)
I 2nd brining it helps to keep them juicy, ad some garlic oor old bay to ad some flavor.

I'll third (if there is such a thing) brining. They are very bland so all flavor has to be added/created. Direct heat in the 350-400 range. Magic number is 8 minutes total assuming that the tenders are removed. Four minutes on presentation side (or 3 and 2 if you want cross marks), flip and cook until done, which total time is normally right at 8 minutes. I never use a thermometer. I test doneness by touch of the thickest part.

popeye 04-12-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch (Post 2444904)
I'm with CD on butter flying them. Cooks even and quickly. Use a thermo and don't go over 160 and you will produce a great product.

me thinks a bacon weave would also work


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.