The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anybody heard of a spoon steak? (Keep on topic) (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157514)

Ashmont 03-30-2013 11:22 PM

Anybody heard of a spoon steak? (Keep on topic)
 
Had someone come into the store today asking for them... Did a little googleing and still cornfused..


Ash

landarc 03-31-2013 12:07 AM

It appears to be part of the sirloin, called Top Sirloin Butt, I am going to go see if that is a real name per IMPS,

Yep, IMPS 184, boneless Top Sirloin Butt roast, can be sectioned into steaks.

JohnHB 03-31-2013 12:09 AM

I've heard of Beard's spoon lamb - cooked around six hours until it is spoon tender. I attach a google recipe for beef - I haven't tried it. Just trying to help.
John
http://www.food.com/recipe/spoon-ten...nd-steak-57983

westy 03-31-2013 02:42 AM

This is what I found online;
"Spoon roast, aka top butt, top sirloin butt, and center-cut roast, is top sirloin. This is the cut used for the roast beef sold in delicatessens". Apparently its a roast cooked so tender you can eat it with a spoon.

Skidder 03-31-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westy (Post 2429809)
This is what I found online;
"Spoon roast, aka top butt, top sirloin butt, and center-cut roast, is top sirloin. This is the cut used for the roast beef sold in delicatessens". Apparently its a roast cooked so tender you can eat it with a spoon.

Yup thats what it's called up here in the northeast anyways. Very tender usually

savageford 03-31-2013 05:59 AM

Spoon roast, very yummy!! Have not done one in a while but with the price of roast beef at the deli I have actually been thinking about doing one soon.

Ashmont 03-31-2013 10:22 AM

I see doing this in my future! The guy that came in says he cooks a cut steak of 8 mins either side and puts our steak butter on it. I will see when I buy it on what to do...

Thx

Hawg Father of Seoul 03-31-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashmont (Post 2430150)
I see doing this in my future! The guy that came in says he cooks a cut steak of 8 mins either side and puts our steak butter on it. I will see when I buy it on what to do...

Thx

I typically cook both sides of the steak, but I'll try it this way. :thumb:

Ashmont 03-31-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawg Father of Seoul (Post 2430243)
I typically cook both sides of the steak, but I'll try it this way. :thumb:


Not being mean but both sides (either side) was stated

CarolinaQue 03-31-2013 08:55 PM

I cook spoon roasts quite often. I will cook no other cut for roast beef. I can see it being very good cut into steaks also. Think I'll be giving that a try this week.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.