The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My wife said, oh how cute (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156901)

plakers 03-24-2013 07:22 AM

My wife said, oh how cute
 
then laughed at me. "You're not serious are you?"

http://eugene.craigslist.org/fod/3693863066.html

Okay, I don't have the room, all my stuff has to sit in the elements, but I'm dreaming about this bbq oven.

lastmajordude 03-24-2013 08:05 AM

Sorry dude...but that is WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 03-24-2013 08:14 AM

I need help. I'm sitting here figuring out how to make a smoker with a warming box up top out of that.

Bludawg 03-24-2013 08:36 AM

My Granny cooked on a wood stove much like that until the tornado took the house in '65 a new house got an electric one, that wood stove made her food really special.

BobM 03-24-2013 08:57 AM

That is cool!

Hawg Father of Seoul 03-24-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2420372)
My Granny cooked on a wood stove much like that until the tornado took the house in '65 a new house got an electric one, that wood stove made her food really special.

My wife's grandma died in 200? and she used a stove much like that until she died. Sure she had a nice gas range, but she also had the antique in the kitchen and would bake bread and other goodies for me in it.

She was the best. AND the bread was AWESOME!!!

Cohiba 03-24-2013 09:07 AM

My grandad have a cookstove like that in his hunting cabin in Colorado. Cooked food and warmed up the cabin.

tyotrain 03-24-2013 09:08 AM

man that is cool.. I would cook on that in a heart beat..

kyleness 03-24-2013 09:11 AM

Well, I am only 26 years old and I just bought one of these things last year, mine was brand new. Sets you back about $7k but now I am completely off of the city controlled grid. Have a well, this stove as well as a heating stove for the house, and a wind turbine that generates the electricity that I use. Some of the best bread and pizza I have ever made come out of that oven and it only takes a few small chunks of wood to heat it up, I love it!

SmokinFatties 03-24-2013 09:48 AM

I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat. My wife would rip me a new bunghole but it would be worth it for the uniqueness of the cooker and nastalgia.

Bluesman 03-24-2013 09:51 AM

And why is this not in your possession? That is way to cool to pass up.

cowgirl 03-24-2013 09:54 AM

It's cute!!!



Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleness (Post 2420423)
Well, I am only 26 years old and I just bought one of these things last year, mine was brand new. Sets you back about $7k but now I am completely off of the city controlled grid. Have a well, this stove as well as a heating stove for the house, and a wind turbine that generates the electricity that I use. Some of the best bread and pizza I have ever made come out of that oven and it only takes a few small chunks of wood to heat it up, I love it!

kyleness, you're living the good life! :cool::thumb:

plakers 03-24-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesman (Post 2420488)
And why is this not in your possession? That is way to cool to pass up.

If I had a space to keep it out of the 10 months of Oregon sunshine, it would be mine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.