The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Please Help with this question (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156585)

Smokin Ribs 03-19-2013 06:10 PM

Please Help with this question
 
Has anybody ever cooked Pork kidneys? Kroger had them set out with all the pork butts and loins. They look like a good piece of meat but wonder how it taste and what way to cook it.
Any help would be appreciated

Johnny_Crunch 03-19-2013 06:21 PM

No! I have not.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 03-19-2013 06:22 PM

I haven't but I would look into making steak and kidney pie, which is popular in Britain, if I wanted to cook them.

bigabyte 03-19-2013 06:32 PM

I've never been interested since I first heard you have to soak them repeatedly and even boil them to get as much of the urine odor and flavor out as possible.

I'm sure someone has some tips and tricks though.

bbqbull 03-19-2013 06:35 PM

I too have not tried them myself.

Google.com is where I would start.

IamMadMan 03-19-2013 09:10 PM

My neighbor cooks them and like "Bigabyte" says they have to be soaked and rinsed many times before you "boil the pi$$ out of them"' as my neighbor puts it.

They have a strong overpowering odor when cooking.
Just from that odor I do not think I could bring myself to taste them. I am sure we eat them in hot dogs and other sausage type products from the grocery store.

Maybe there are better ways to prepare them where the odor might be less offensive...

93vpmod 03-19-2013 10:06 PM

Gonna have to say pass on this one...good luck!

Matt Potter 03-19-2013 10:17 PM

Please Help with this question
 
Just think for a bit about what their purpose is.

Matt

superlazy 03-19-2013 10:20 PM

Yuck, run away now.

J'ville Grill 03-19-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamMadMan (Post 2414684)
My neighbor cooks them and like "Bigabyte" says they have to be soaked and rinsed many times before you "boil the pi$$ out of them"' as my neighbor puts it.

They have a strong overpowering odor when cooking.
Just from that odor I do not think I could bring myself to taste them. I am sure we eat them in hot dogs and other sausage type products from the grocery store.

Maybe there are better ways to prepare them where the odor might be less offensive...

Do they smell as yummy as pork chitlings when they're cooking?:grin::grin::grin:

Pyle's BBQ 03-19-2013 11:45 PM

No one asked. What is a "good" price?

J'ville Grill 03-19-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ (Post 2414853)
No one asked. What is a "good" price?

Then again no one said they were selling them for a "good" price:grin:

Pyle's BBQ 03-19-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J'ville Grill (Post 2414858)
Then again no one said they were selling them for a "good" price:grin:

Sorry, he said "looks like a good piece of meat." I figured they had to be a good price to be asking. It is still a good question. What was the price?

J'ville Grill 03-20-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ (Post 2414859)
Sorry, he said "looks like a good piece of meat." I figured they had to be a good price to be asking. It is still a good question. What was the price?

I don't think free would be a good enough price for me, I'll let someone else try them.

Pyle's BBQ 03-20-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J'ville Grill (Post 2414860)
I don't think free would be a good enough price for me, I'll let someone else try them.

The special in the meat department this week, you have to take a kidney if you want to buy any meat!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.