The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Meat loaf (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156571)

Mo-Dave 03-19-2013 04:16 PM

Meat loaf

We are supposed to be in for a real snot storm starting tomorrow so put a meat loaf on the uds today. I used oak and hickory over kingsford and let it burn down after I put it on with a pan to catch drippings it started belching out thick white smoke, not black just white. My wood is a year old so I don't think that is a problem. I wonder if the barometric pressure due the pending storm may have caused it. Anyway I was afraid it was going to get to much smoke and my wife would not eat it, so after less than a half hour I put it in the oven. It had a real nice color and I am sure it picked up some smoke. I just can't remember having such a problem and usually I prefer green wood.

I have never checked a meat loafs internal temp before and have not had any problems, but thought I would check this one out. Is 160 ish, about right for an internal temp?
Dave

deepsouth 03-19-2013 04:21 PM

165 is what i shoot for.

BobM 03-23-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo-Dave (Post 2414261)
We are supposed to be in for a real snot storm starting tomorrow . . .

I'm glad I don't live in your neck of the woods. :razz:

160F is good.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 03-23-2013 08:18 AM

I'm a 165F meatloaf kinda guy too.

CharredApron 03-23-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo-Dave (Post 2414261)
We are supposed to be in for a real snot storm starting tomorrow so put a meat loaf on the uds today. I used oak and hickory over kingsford and let it burn down after I put it on with a pan to catch drippings it started belching out thick white smoke, not black just white. My wood is a year old so I don't think that is a problem. I wonder if the barometric pressure due the pending storm may have caused it. Anyway I was afraid it was going to get to much smoke and my wife would not eat it, so after less than a half hour I put it in the oven. It had a real nice color and I am sure it picked up some smoke. I just can't remember having such a problem and usually I prefer green wood.

I have never checked a meat loafs internal temp before and have not had any problems, but thought I would check this one out. Is 160 ish, about right for an internal temp?
Dave

I'll eat it at any temp! Tartare any one?