The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tri Tip Pron (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155666)

sandiegobbq 03-08-2013 08:58 PM

Tri Tip Pron
 
Only one shot battery went dead sorry.

I cooked it indirect until 115 internal.

Reverse sear and let rest tented in foil.

Came out a nice rare to med rare on the ends.

I still prefer brisket by far but this was good.

http://s1146.beta.photobucket.com/us...deec1.jpg.html

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 03-08-2013 09:18 PM

That tri tip looks delicious. Sure wish we could get it around here.

AussieTitch 03-08-2013 09:52 PM

Nice looking piece of meat.looks tasty to me
Whats the fish in your picture?

Foodguy75 03-08-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegobbq (Post 2399239)
Only one shot battery went dead sorry.

I cooked it indirect until 115 internal.

Reverse sear and let rest tented in foil.

Came out a nice rare to med rare on the ends.

I still prefer brisket by far but this was good.

http://s1146.beta.photobucket.com/us...deec1.jpg.html

I am doing one this weekend for the first time. Any suggestions? (never done one)

martyleach 03-08-2013 09:57 PM

Very nice but I can't imagine how you could prefer brisket unless you had a bad tri-tip. One of the tastiest cuts of meat, IMO. :)

sandiegobbq 03-08-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieTitch (Post 2399297)
Nice looking piece of meat.looks tasty to me
Whats the fish in your picture?

Just one of the avatars I can pick.

Since I am a fisherman and also a pisces I picked it!

sandiegobbq 03-08-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foodguy75 (Post 2399298)
I am doing one this weekend for the first time. Any suggestions? (never done one)

Sent you a PM.

sandiegobbq 03-08-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyleach (Post 2399300)
Very nice but I can't imagine how you could prefer brisket unless you had a bad tri-tip. One of the tastiest cuts of meat, IMO. :)

Maybe so I got it at Fresh and Easy and not from a butcher.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.