The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Banning BBQ? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154407)

tiehacker 02-21-2013 02:23 PM

Banning BBQ?

Always sup'in
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/2...-smog-problem/

gtr 02-21-2013 02:28 PM

Why that's un-Ameri...oh...nevermind. :heh:

LM600 02-21-2013 02:33 PM

There is a smokehouse in London that has been on the same premises since the early 1800s.
The only time it has closed was during the Blitz when a bomb dropped down the flue....they shut for a day to remove the bomb and rebuild the flue etc.

They have just been slapped with some kind of antisocial notice, which if they do not stop smoking could shut them down.....all because a NIMBY moved in next door and complained to the local council about them!!!!

gtr 02-21-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LM600 (Post 2377455)
There is a smokehouse in London that has been on the same premises since the early 1800s.
The only time it has closed was during the Blitz when a bomb dropped down the flue....they shut for a day to remove the bomb and rebuild the flue etc.

They have just been slapped with some kind of antisocial notice, which if they do not stop smoking could shut them down.....all because a NIMBY moved in next door and complained to the local council about them!!!!

Well I have a good idea of what they can cook next. :spy:

dwfisk 02-21-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Sombody just needs to check on waht the NIMBY is smokin!

landarc 02-21-2013 02:48 PM

Yeah, that smog that is so thick, you can't see the traffic light is caused by cooking fires. Sure. Never mind that they burn huge amounts of coal, incinerate huge amounts of waste products including old computers and such, have no controls on industrial pollution, it must be the BBQ's

1FUNVET 02-21-2013 02:50 PM

How are they supposed to cook their rats ?

John Bowen 02-21-2013 02:52 PM

I don’t know how much stock I can put into that story from China. I mean get real – do they really think the smog problem over there is because of the little street BBQ. Last time I was over there I saw one plant that put out twice more smoke than all the plants in our industrial park.

Me thinks someone wants to put street vendors out of business.

yakdung 02-21-2013 03:18 PM

Bloomberg relocate?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 02-21-2013 03:21 PM

The majority of BBQ joints in the US would be fine there. No wood nor smoke involved.

pbj 02-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke (Post 2377537)
The majority of BBQ joints in the US would be fine there. No wood nor smoke involved.

Ouch

Offthehook 02-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke (Post 2377537)

Haha par boil indoor grills!

gtr 02-21-2013 03:49 PM

The words "sad but true" come to mind. :tsk:

deepsouth 02-21-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2377475)
Yeah, that smog that is so thick, you can't see the traffic light is caused by cooking fires. Sure. Never mind that they burn huge amounts of coal, incinerate huge amounts of waste products including old computers and such, have no controls on industrial pollution, it must be the BBQ's

indeed.

rcbaughn 02-21-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Woah wait, they neighbors are new to the community and they are stopping the restaurant that's been there forever to change their business? It seems the one who had been there the longest would win that argument no doubt. That's crazy, hate to see a historical place like that have to change because of some idiot.