The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sweet Baby Rays Shredded Pork (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154375)

fweck 02-21-2013 08:32 AM

Sweet Baby Rays Shredded Pork

So my wife comes home from the store this weekend and says "Look what I got." She had two tubs of Sweet Baby Rays Shredded Pork. Now having tried Lloyds and others, I didn't have the heart to tell her that it will probably be nasty.

Well we had it last night and I was pleasantly surprised. Not mushy, big chunks of meat with visible bark. The only complaint I would have was there was a little bit too much sauce, but it wasn't swimming in it like the others. I wouldn't mind if she bought it again. :twitch:

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 02-21-2013 08:38 AM

Hummmmm. Might try it if I see it. Perhaps strain some of the sauce out and mix in a little cider vinegar too.

Bob in St. Louis 02-21-2013 08:43 AM

Hmm...interesting, never heard of it.
It's a very rare day when I put sauce on anything, but when I do, it's usually Sweet Baby Rays.

Qbert60 02-21-2013 08:44 AM

At Sams Club, they have Jack Daniels pulled pork. Awesome. That is all.

JandJbuidasmoker 02-21-2013 08:55 AM

I've used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, it's great with Butt! Never have seen it pre-made though! lol

deguerre 02-21-2013 09:05 AM

Actually, I don't think I've ever even had Sweet Baby Rays sauce. Then again, I use sauce as a condiment for fries mostly, or on grilled chicken, or as an ingredient for other dishes like beans and such...

bragsly 02-21-2013 09:07 AM

It's my sauce of choice so I'll give it a try is I see it>

deguerre 02-21-2013 09:11 AM

Speaking of the shredded pork and chicken, I see they have ribs too. Anyone tried those?

http://ebtfoodbundles.com/wpimages/wpfe9315d5_06.png

Bludawg 02-21-2013 09:20 AM

I look at this stuff like the Mc rib: some people will eat anything if it has the word BBQ attached to it or the name of a popular Sauce. IMO I woudln't feed it to my dogs for fear of getting bit, Goes to show most dogs are smarter than people.

BB-Kuhn 02-21-2013 12:29 PM

On a less-proud day, i've eaten the Sweet Baby Ray's sliced brisket.

It pales in comparison to a local bbq joint...
Which pales in comparison to my brisket...

But as a cheap impulse buy on a tuesday night for a quick snack, it wasn't horrible. Closer to real bbq than mc-rib by a mile.

JandJbuidasmoker 02-21-2013 12:31 PM

+1 deguerre

Bluesman 02-21-2013 12:37 PM

The day I can go to the grocery store, sit there all day with my feet up, drinking a 12 pack, listening to tunes as loud as I want and smoking a cigar is the day I will buy pulled pork in a tube or farked over sauced ribs.......:biggrin1:

Bludawg 02-21-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesman (Post 2377288)
The day I can go to the grocery store, sit there all day with my feet up, drinking a 12 pack, listening to tunes as loud as I want and smoking a cigar is the day I will buy pulled pork in a tube or farked over sauced ribs.......:biggrin1:

Great minds think alike:biggrin1:

NickTheGreat 02-21-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2376989)
Actually, I don't think I've ever even had Sweet Baby Rays sauce. Then again, I use sauce as a condiment for fries mostly, or on grilled chicken, or as an ingredient for other dishes like beans and such...

SBR is GREAT on fries :becky:

Neonnblack 02-21-2013 01:39 PM

Being from the west, sauce is on pretty much all bbq, and i prefer sauce on mine (light, they wont be swimming in it) and my all time favorite sauce right now is SBR brown sugar and hickory.