The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Treager at the local Mall... (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153846)

caseydog 02-14-2013 04:21 PM

Treager at the local Mall...

So, I'm at the mall today, and to my surprize, I I see a display of Treager pellet poopers, halfway between Williams Sanoma and the Apple Store.

I stop, and get ambushed by the salesman, who informs me this is one of the company's new "direct sales" locations.

It was just a 15X15 or so "patio" with about six different smokers.

Anyone else seen one of these?

CD

Bluesman 02-14-2013 04:22 PM

Yup..

jfletcher84 02-14-2013 04:46 PM

yup I got ambushed by one of the sales guys as well. He really didnt like me referring to them as "pellet poopers".

Lazybones 02-14-2013 06:04 PM

Saw them at the Costco in Frisco one day last year. Sales guy didn't seem to know too much about BBQ or how the Treagers worked.

Bludawg 02-14-2013 06:12 PM

What's a Mall?

Arlin_MacRae 02-15-2013 12:31 AM

We've got a store opening in a mall, here, real soon, I guess. Not sure I'd buy any accessories or even pellets there. Why pay more than what Ace Hardware charges? Might be fun as a second job, though. LOL

Midnight Smoke 02-15-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseydog (Post 2367961)
So, I'm at the mall today, and to my surprize, I I see a display of Treager pellet poopers, halfway between Williams Sanoma and the Apple Store.

I stop, and get ambushed by the salesman, who informs me this is one of the company's new "direct sales" locations.

It was just a 15X15 or so "patio" with about six different smokers.

Anyone else seen one of these?

CD

I have not seen or know what a 15X15 is. I did see some Treager's at the local Costco a few months ago. It seems Treager is no different than most business;s these days, sales, sales,sales. Forget about customer service and word of mouth, it is all about the sales people making quota.

GMDGeek 02-15-2013 08:42 AM

@Caseydog - was going to actually run up to Stonebriar today and see what they had. I inherited a lil tex elite from my buddy. Ordered a replacement sensor earlier this week for it. Going on the hunt for a place to get pellets closer to Wylie this weekend. Once I get it up and running I'll let ya know how it goes or heck if you get board want to meet and see how it goes let me know.

deguerre 02-15-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Smoke (Post 2368608)
I have not seen or know what a 15X15 is. I did see some Treager's at the local Costco a few months ago. It seems Treager is no different than most business;s these days, sales, sales,sales. Forget about customer service and word of mouth, it is all about the sales people making quota.

15 foot by 15 foot area for displaying the models.

Oh, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a mall.

Motley Q 02-15-2013 09:00 AM

Saw one at costco 2 yrs ago. The salesman didn't know much about them, was rude, and wouldn't stop talking.

GMDGeek 02-15-2013 09:22 AM

My experience to date - salesmen for Traeger need some classes on salesmanship and manners. Their tech guys when you call in - freaking awesome!

caseydog 02-15-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazybones (Post 2368071)
Saw them at the Costco in Frisco one day last year. Sales guy didn't seem to know too much about BBQ or how the Treagers worked.

They are in Stonebriar now.

CD

caseydog 02-15-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMDGeek (Post 2368822)
@Caseydog - was going to actually run up to Stonebriar today and see what they had. I inherited a lil tex elite from my buddy. Ordered a replacement sensor earlier this week for it. Going on the hunt for a place to get pellets closer to Wylie this weekend. Once I get it up and running I'll let ya know how it goes or heck if you get board want to meet and see how it goes let me know.

Does the Cabela's in Allen have Treager stuff. I believe BBQs Galore in Allen does.

CD

caseydog 02-15-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2368843)
Oh, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a mall.

The Apple Store is in the mall. :becky:

CD

MisterChrister 02-15-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseydog (Post 2369076)
The Apple Store is in the mall.
CD

My android eats apples nom nom nom.....:mrgreen: