The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brisket in the morning (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153157)

MaximumJEFF 02-04-2013 04:53 PM

Brisket in the morning
 
I'm gonna toss this on the drum in the morning :becky:
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps891f7af8.jpg

I picked it up at Restaurant Depot along with a bag of Royal Oak and a bigass roll of butcher paper. Think I'll hit it with Salt n Pepper. And, run the smoker at 300* with a bowl water placed on the bottom rack

Sound good?

---k--- 02-04-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumJEFF (Post 2354828)

Sound good?

Yes! :hungry:

Southstar Jeff 02-04-2013 04:59 PM

Looking good. I cooked one from RD on Sunday that looked just like that!

Bludawg 02-04-2013 05:10 PM

You really don't need the Water Bowl the UDS has a moist environment. Put it on FC down and let it be. I wrap between 4-5 hrs. and I cook at 300.

MaximumJEFF 02-04-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2354854)
You really don't need the Water Bowl the UDS has a moist environment. Put it on FC down and let it be. I wrap between 4-5 hrs. and I cook at 300.

I've seen a noticeable difference. I use a small metal mixing bowl.

Daggs 02-04-2013 06:21 PM

Sounds great. What's a brisket run a lb at restaurant depot?

MaximumJEFF 02-04-2013 07:54 PM

It was $2.69/lbs

KotaChuk678 02-04-2013 08:14 PM

Good luck with that, mostly have a lotta fun with it. Hope you got the day off :wink:


Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumJEFF (Post 2354828)
I'm gonna toss this on the drum in the morning :becky:
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps891f7af8.jpg

I picked it up at Restaurant Depot along with a bag of Royal Oak and a bigass roll of butcher paper. Think I'll hit it with Salt n Pepper. And, run the smoker at 300* with a bowl water placed on the bottom rack

Sound good?


landarc 02-04-2013 08:20 PM

That is a nice piece of meat

MisterChrister 02-04-2013 08:22 PM

Yawp!

Jetmek 02-04-2013 08:55 PM

Please post pics of the cook and the finished brisky! My tummy is already rumbling!!!

MaximumJEFF 02-04-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KotaChuk678 (Post 2355113)
Good luck with that, mostly have a lotta fun with it. Hope you got the day off :wink:

That's part of the beauty of being self-employed :biggrin1:

garzanium 02-04-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmek (Post 2355181)
Please post pics of the cook and the finished brisky! My tummy is already rumbling!!!

x2! thats a good looking chunk. the guy I cooked with this weekend paid double of what you paid/lb!

Sent from Galaxy tab

maktek 02-04-2013 09:16 PM

That is a nice piece of meat. Can't wait to see the pics when it is done.

KotaChuk678 02-04-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumJEFF (Post 2355204)
That's part of the beauty of being self-employed :biggrin1:

Yeah I got 3 neighbors like that 'cept they don't chit about Q or what to do with themselves during the day (momma boys) but good luck with you!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.