The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Maverick Industries -- YOU ROCK!!! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152880)

Enkidu 02-01-2013 06:15 PM

Maverick Industries -- YOU ROCK!!!

I just got my replacement food probe today from Maverick free of charge despite the fact that it failed after the expiration of the 90-day warranty. No hassle, no fight, heck... I didn't even need to ask for them to do it... I had actually called to order a new one and they just offered to send me a new one for free.

I'll tell you what... I have no qualms now about buying a second Maverick ET-732!

IamMadMan 02-01-2013 06:22 PM

Glad to see someone still stands behind their products ...

cb4004 02-01-2013 09:01 PM

I just had my second smoker probe start failing on mine, like you experienced they sent me a replacement when my first one went no questions asked, well see how the second one goes. I've only had mine for a month 4-5 cooks, not abusing the probes at all actually being careful with them. Think it just hit a bad production run... i don't know, I just want something reliable. Maybe at this price point Im asking too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enkidu (Post 2350847)
I just got my replacement food probe today from Maverick free of charge despite the fact that it failed after the expiration of the 90-day warranty. No hassle, no fight, heck... I didn't even need to ask for them to do it... I had actually called to order a new one and they just offered to send me a new one for free.

I'll tell you what... I have no qualms now about buying a second Maverick ET-732!

Fireburd 02-01-2013 09:13 PM

What was going on with the probes? Reading high, low, or not reading at all?

Enkidu 02-01-2013 09:54 PM

I feel you cb... my food probe died mid cook a few weeks back and I took really good care of it and have only had it since July. That said, despite the probe being past the 90-day warranty period, Maverick replaced it immediately upon my calling them. I called them on the afternoon of the 28th and my probe arrived today. That is pretty good customer service if you asked me.

BBQdisciple 02-02-2013 01:54 AM

I've posted a couple different times in this forum, but I burned a probe out on an ET 73 ( they only go up to 400), and called Maverick and told the lady what happened and she just asked for my address and sent me out a new one, had it in 5 days.

Been using the same gear dependably for over a year now, I used to be lucky if a digital system lasted more than 10 cooks.

Great company I will always look their way first when making a purchase.

PatAttack 02-02-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enkidu (Post 2350847)

Good on ya', LA! Hope this one works!

PatAttack 02-02-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQdisciple (Post 2351232)
I've posted a couple different times in this forum, but I burned a probe out on an ET 73 ( they only go up to 400), and called Maverick and told the lady what happened and she just asked for my address and sent me out a new one, had it in 5 days.

Been using the same gear dependably for over a year now, I used to be lucky if a digital system lasted more than 10 cooks.

Great company I will always look their way first when making a purchase.

Brother, step yourself up to the 732. You'll never go back. And, you'll throw that '73 away that's been pissing you off!!

Toast 02-02-2013 07:34 PM

My 732 is a Might Thang! Glad to hear of good CS!