The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Chicken & Ribs on PBC (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152236)

jgarcia 01-24-2013 10:20 AM

Chicken & Ribs on PBC

6 Attachment(s)
Received PBC last monday and fired it up Saturday. Ribs (trimmed) and Chickens (halved). Used homemade chili rub on 2 racks, and PBC rub on the other rack and the chicken. When I lit my coals, I went in to prep the meat and when I was done it was 40 minutes later. Coals were all ashed over and burning hot. :doh: Next time I need to make sure not to go past the 20 minutes before putting the lid on. I had to add two handfull of coals after 2 hours as the temp had dropped some. The bag of charcoal was old so I do not kno if that had something to do with it.
Anyway, I unexpectedly had to leave after soon after. The ribs were pretty much done, so i wrapped in foil with Brown sugar, butter, and Agave. Put in a cooler wrapped with towels. The chicken was wrapped in foil pans for my wife to finish in the oven when she got home about 1/2 hr later. Chicken was tender and juicy. Ribs turned out great. The wife said whatever I did I need to do that from now on. If you look at the picture of the finished ribs you can see that the ends (2" - 3") were a little overcooked but I give those little ribs to the kids as a sampler before eating. The top rack in the picture was slightly shorter and did not burn (it also was the PBC rub which probably had a lower sugar content than the other two racks). Overall pretty easy and looking forward to using again this weekend without the last minute change of plans.

DubfromGA 01-24-2013 11:32 AM

Looks great!

Garyclaw 01-24-2013 11:48 AM

Those are some fine looking ribs right there.

flyingbassman5 01-24-2013 11:51 AM

Nice cook!

Mexi "Q" Tioner 01-24-2013 11:52 AM

Ribs look farking great! Nice color!

Freddy j 01-24-2013 12:07 PM

awesome cook! you even got a potato in there.

how much total charcoal did you end up using for the cook?

Bonewagon 01-24-2013 12:11 PM

Nice! :thumb:

jgarcia 01-24-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy j (Post 2340400)
awesome cook! you even got a potato in there.

how much total charcoal did you end up using for the cook?

I filled up the basket, and then added two handfuls. I want to say it was a 1/4 to 1/3 of a bag of kingsford but I am not sure since it was already open. I think if I put the lid on after twenty minutes there would be no need to add any more charcoal as it would probably be more like a minion method.

Oldbob 01-24-2013 12:35 PM

Looks Great to Me Excellent color on the Ribs ..Good Job !!

gtr 01-24-2013 12:37 PM

Very nice work sir! :clap: