The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Apple Pie Smoked Sausage with Pron (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152055)

pike51 01-21-2013 07:03 PM

Apple Pie Smoked Sausage with Pron

4 Attachment(s)
So I decided to smoke some sausage tonight after work. It's homemade sausage and I smoked it on the Duo over cherry and pecan at 275 for 1 hour and then 215 for 1 hour. After the first hour I basted it with some apple pie moonshine and mustard mixture. Got a really nice smoke ring and the smoke flavor was just right. Took the left over moonshine mixture and made a sweet mustard sauce for the sausage. Also had some apple pie shine to enjoy with dinner. A little homemade slaw on the side and YUM!!

Enjoy!

pike51 01-21-2013 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more pic so you can see the smoke ring. I missed it in the first post.

HankB 01-21-2013 07:42 PM

Looks pretty good!

Mason jar liquor ;) :twisted:

Atrawick 01-21-2013 08:35 PM

Looks Good! Shine Made even Better!:grin:

Fishawn 01-21-2013 09:12 PM

Looks really good.... What kinda sausage did you use? Recipe? I'd be interested in maybe making it, if it's not a "secret" :biggrin1:

jeffjenkins1 01-21-2013 09:15 PM

Looks good, how was the texture? That is always the hardest part when I make sausage.

Jeff

Militant83 01-21-2013 11:29 PM

Wow my Apple Pie trend is catching on... I love some apple pie shine.. When you make ribs if you foil try putting a splash in your foil instead of apple juice..mighty tasty

AussieTitch 01-21-2013 11:39 PM

Nice looking skin on it,I would like to try some.
Cheers.
Titch

pike51 01-22-2013 06:14 AM

The sausage is just a spicy italian pork sausage. I don't remember exactly what all was in the seasoning but it was purchased from a local place and I thought I'd give it a try. Texture is just what I like, tender on the inside with just a bit of bite to the casing. I think going at 275 for an hour and then backing it down really keeps the texture nice and not too rubbery as I tend to get from cooking at higher temps.

As for the shine, we've been cooking and drinking it for a few years. It goes great on just about anything!

Militant83 01-22-2013 11:12 AM

^^^Fact it does go good with many things I add it in foiled ribs, a splash to kick up some bbq sauce, marinated pork tenderloin with it and all have came out great the bbq sauce with it was the best though.