The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Stok grill grates for weber 22.5 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151475)

Big dawg 01-14-2013 08:52 AM

Stok grill grates for weber 22.5
 
2 Attachment(s)
My wife got me the stok cast iron grill grates with the griddle insert for Xmas I'm three cooks in and I'm really liking these so far I've grilled tilapia, New York strip steaks and grilled veggies on the griddle insert. Also the weber chimney fits perfectly in the middle so you don't have to remove the whole grate. Here's A few picsAttachment 74499Attachment 74500


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charrederhead 01-14-2013 09:15 AM

Nice. Good wifey!

colonel00 01-14-2013 09:20 AM

Very slick. I have a set from a couple years ago. Surprised she could still find them.

Bluesman 01-14-2013 09:31 AM

That is cool. Went to their site and it says Cabela's and Dick's carry these products. I know were I'm stopping this week.

HankB 01-14-2013 09:33 AM

I love cooking on CI. When we moved in, there were some really nice CI grates by a fire pit in the yard. I'm using one of them in my Weber kettles where it is a perfect fit.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...SC_3842-PP.JPG

You can't really see in the picture but that's a hinged grate and there is just enough space to open the sides up. the CI grate itself is 3/4" tall and the spacing on the bars is tight enough to prevent those escapees that like to slip between the grate bars and into the fire. :lol:

If I didn't have this, I would probably have a Stok or Craycort or one of the other popular CI grates.

Big dawg 01-14-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesman (Post 2328182)
That is cool. Went to their site and it says Cabela's and Dick's carry these products. I know were I'm stopping this week.

Home Depot carrys them online. I think my wife paid under $60 for the grates,griddle insert, and the tool to remove the inserts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colonel00 01-14-2013 11:40 AM

Interesting. I have seen some of the inserts at my Cabela's bargain cave and I don't think they have anything on the floor anymore.

Foxfire 01-14-2013 11:45 AM

Very cool, glad you like them! Do you have a cleaning / seasoning regimen worked out?

Bluesman 01-14-2013 11:51 AM

Grate with insert and tool $50 at Home Depot with free shipping

Trumpstylz 01-14-2013 11:58 AM

I love the lone survivor broccoli that fell through the grates.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Big dawg (Post 2328150)
My wife got me the stok cast iron grill grates with the griddle insert for Xmas I'm three cooks in and I'm really liking these so far I've grilled tilapia, New York strip steaks and grilled veggies on the griddle insert. Also the weber chimney fits perfectly in the middle so you don't have to remove the whole grate. Here's A few picsAttachment 74499Attachment 74500


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


slammmed 01-14-2013 12:03 PM

I just took a picture of this at target because I really like the idea, so glad I just saw this post so I can put it on my birthday wish list. Those look great!

Big dawg 01-14-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxfire (Post 2328325)
Very cool, glad you like them! Do you have a cleaning / seasoning regimen worked out?

What I like doing is to spray them with olive oil before and after each use seems to work fine. I think my next cook will be a fried egg burger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fedex 01-14-2013 04:46 PM

I bought the whole BBQ last year on clearance from HD for $29.00. Kept the Grate and gave the BBQ to a neighbor. He loves it and I got CI for dirt cheap.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.