The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ScottJess UDS build (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151304)

scottjess 01-11-2013 06:23 PM

ScottJess UDS build
 
Man this really is an ugly drum smoker.

I have not painted it yet; nor have I put on a temperature gauge but I have the hole drilled for that.

I have a few leaks around the lid BUT it is holding temps so far.

http://i.imgur.com/Qsi9B.jpg

Bludawg 01-11-2013 06:39 PM

I think it's Beautiful just as it is, screw a thermo into it and all it complete!

scottjess 01-11-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2325382)
I think it's Beautiful just as it is, screw a thermo into it and all it complete!

I think a bit of paint would help protect it from the elements though right?

yakdung 01-11-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottjess (Post 2325367)
Man this really is an ugly drum smoker.

I have not painted it yet; nor have I put on a temperature gauge but I have the hole drilled for that.

I have a few leaks around the lid BUT it is holding temps so far.

http://i.imgur.com/Qsi9B.jpg

Looks like a beauty to me. I left mine el natural and it is one rusted heap.
:grin:

scottjess 01-11-2013 08:12 PM

Im loving this build; snowing outside, cold as hell and yet the smoker has held its temps for over 2 hours now.

Mason Dixon Bowhunta 01-11-2013 08:25 PM

Great looking drum. You're going to love cooking on it.

Freddy j 01-11-2013 08:27 PM

That drum is awesome, I wish it were mine!

plakers 01-11-2013 09:16 PM

Put me on the list of sayin its a beaut.
A little grease running down the side and the paint job dont matter anyway.

1911Ron 01-12-2013 10:00 PM

Shur iz purty:mrgreen:

Ole Man Dan 01-12-2013 10:05 PM

Love my UDS.
Mine makes great Q.

rocketmanray 01-13-2013 08:16 AM

Looks like a beauty to me... wouldn't paint it.... save the money and buy a fattie!!!

RMR

cholloway 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

The time you spend painting and waiting for paint to dry, you could be Que'n.
I like it just the way it is.

razrbakcrzy 01-14-2013 03:28 PM

Most amazing 4-8 hours you will ever spend building on an efficient smoker.... and still spend less than $200

scottjess 01-14-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razrbakcrzy (Post 2328590)
Most amazing 4-8 hours you will ever spend building on an efficient smoker.... and still spend less than $200

Im not 100% on how much it cost to build; I am thinking around $150-70 including hiring a guy to weld a flange around the top for the weber lid to slip into.

Skidder 01-14-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottjess (Post 2328684)
Im not 100% on how much it cost to build; I am thinking around $150-70 including hiring a guy to weld a flange around the top for the weber lid to slip into.

Wow I'm on # 16 and have yet to go over $40.00 $20.00 for wheels and another $20 for grates. Then again I'm a scrounger!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/11uds002.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.