The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Burger. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151041)

fingerlickin' 01-07-2013 01:23 PM

Burger.
 
I finally had a chance to grind some fresh burgers last night using my new Kitchen Aid mixer and grinding attachment. I think I'm gonna like this thing. Nothing real fancy here but I did get a chance to use the Oakridge Black Ops I got from Mike. It was great on the burgers and I can't wait to try it on some brisket.

I used chuck, what types of meat do you guys like to use for making burgers?

Here's some pr0n.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...psff7ed8a1.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ps53bed39f.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ps873865c2.jpg

thirtydaZe 01-07-2013 01:41 PM

Grilled burgers, not much in this world beats that.

Phubar 01-07-2013 01:41 PM

I'll sign up for that!
Question...what is on the right of those burgers on the grill?

fantomlord 01-07-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 2320240)
I'll sign up for that!
Question...what is on the right of those burgers on the grill?

I had the same question...sort of looks like it could be a (really well seasoned) grill top thermo

gtr 01-07-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 2320240)
I'll sign up for that!
Question...what is on the right of those burgers on the grill?

It's a smoked up oven therm, right?

Looks fantastic! :clap2: And as stated, it really doesn't get much better than a home grilled burger. I also use chuck. I think I've used short rib mixed in there as well. Basically, whatever little bits I've got in the freezer end up in there.

Well now the fuse is lit, and it ain't going out till I grill me some burgers and get out the tater tots I have in the freezer. :whoo:

deguerre 01-07-2013 01:50 PM

I love chuck for burgers. It was my favorite, in fact, until I made some with 50/50 bison and lamb.

deguerre 01-07-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 2320252)
It's a smoked up oven therm, right?

Looks fantastic! :clap2: And as stated, it really doesn't get much better than a home grilled burger. I also use chuck. I think I've used short rib mixed in there as well. Basically, whatever little bits I've got in the freezer end up in there.

Well now the fuse is lit, and it ain't going out till I grill me some burgers and get out the tater tots I have in the freezer. :whoo:

Ever fried tater tots in an oil and bacon grease mix? Try it. I dare ya.

fingerlickin' 01-07-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 2320240)
I'll sign up for that!
Question...what is on the right of those burgers on the grill?


Yep those guys ^^^ are right, it's my banged up oven thermo. I don't know why I even put it in there. I didn't look at it and even if I did you can't see what the fark it says anymore. :crazy:

MisterChrister 01-07-2013 01:54 PM

Looks great Jason, I want that attachment for our KA too. Heard of some folks grinding ribeye for gourmet burgers, but I just can't bring myself to do it!

fingerlickin' 01-07-2013 01:55 PM

To be clear, those are crispy crowns, we prefer them over regular tater tots. They really are "crispier".

Midnight Smoke 01-07-2013 02:01 PM

Nice Cook, Grinding your own Burgers will let you experiment with different cuts. I like a Brisket/Bacon mix. :thumb:

Mdboatbum 01-07-2013 02:08 PM

Looks fantastic!! I got the KA attachment about a year ago. Nothing beats fresh ground chuck for me. By the way, I'm sure you figured this out, but if you cut the meat into strips and freeze it for about 45 minutes, it goes through the grinder MUCH more quickly and easily.

fingerlickin' 01-07-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdboatbum (Post 2320285)
Looks fantastic!! I got the KA attachment about a year ago. Nothing beats fresh ground chuck for me. By the way, I'm sure you figured this out, but if you cut the meat into strips and freeze it for about 45 minutes, it goes through the grinder MUCH more quickly and easily.


I think I remember hearing about the feezing thing before. I did cut it into strips and that worked great. It was only about 1.5lbs and it came straight from the fridge so it went pretty smoothly. I'll keep the slightly frozen thing in mind for a larger batch. :thumb:

BobM 01-07-2013 02:22 PM

That looks great, good job! :thumb:

Sent from my Android phone.

gtr 01-07-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2320260)
Ever fried tater tots in an oil and bacon grease mix? Try it. I dare ya.

:crazy: <--- not for the idea, but for the thought that I haven't done that multiple times! :tsk:


Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerlickin' (Post 2320267)
To be clear, those are crispy crowns, we prefer them over regular tater tots. They really are "crispier".

I hear ya. Tots is just what I have in the freezer. Maybe I'll get the potato pills next. :hungry:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.