The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Red Thermapen (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149413)

Chef Jim 12-12-2012 10:31 PM

Red Thermapen

We all know that a Red Superfast Thermapen is the best there is! No other color can keep up with it. So you can imagine how I felt when my red superfast thermapen started acting up on me.

Not that is was not fast and accuarte, it was. Just a little touchy on the digital display. I emailed ThermoWorks and they said to send it in and they would look at it.

Yea right, no thermapen to use for god knows how long. It was a friday and I didn't think I would be cooking over the weekend, WRONG!! I sent it in thinking it would get to them by monday and I could get it back faster whilst they were closed. YEA BABY good thinking!

Wrong again, they didn't get it until Tuesday. Chit man lousy luck, a whole day wasted. WRONG! Wed. morning in my email is a note that they were sending me a brandy new RED SUPERFAST THERMAPEN, FREE!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And then another email with the confirmed shipping! Yea Baby right on! And did I mention it's free.:dancer:
This is my original thermapen that is almost two years old!! I have to say that this is some of the finest customer service I have run into in a long time. Watch out Weber.

For all of you that have hesitated because of the price or what ever, it doesn't get much better that this. Buy one!

Meat Meets Meat 12-12-2012 11:04 PM

I have a green one that is acting up too.i emailed a while back and they said to send it in but I didn't want to part with it for too long. I guess I should send it in...

Corky 12-12-2012 11:13 PM

My blue has never failed me. Perhaps you are barking up the wrong-colored tree!

BobM 12-13-2012 01:03 AM

I bet the "British Racing Green" one reads really fast!

Cooknhogz 12-13-2012 05:57 AM

My orange one is faster than yours

Bonewagon 12-13-2012 06:04 AM

Love to hear about good cs from companies. :thumb:

Mdboatbum 12-13-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobM (Post 2295677)
I bet the "British Racing Green" one reads really fast!

Yeah, but it probably drips oil all over the kitchen floor and requires constant maintenance.

On topic, that's really great to hear about their customer service. Thinking of asking for one for Christmas.

Chef Jim 12-13-2012 09:21 AM

I have always liked the debate about which color is faster. I have given these to others for gifts, never a red one, and I just know red is faster.

That said, I should have mine back tomorrow. Can hardly wait!

chriscw81 12-13-2012 10:14 AM

A few days I spent quite a bit of time comparing the maverick PT-100 on a comparison thread. This seals the deal for me, thermapen it is! What was the total time from shipping out until the delivery date?

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Campfire Girl 12-13-2012 02:58 PM

Nice.

Chef Jim 12-13-2012 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=chriscw81;2295910]A few days I spent quite a bit of time comparing the maverick PT-100 on a comparison thread. This seals the deal for me, thermapen it is! What was the total time from shipping out until the delivery date?

I am not quite sure. I sent it out last friday and am hoping that I will have it tomorrow. Even if not then it is still a fast turn around by the fact that they shipped yesterday.

tnjimbob 12-13-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooknhogz (Post 2295715)
My orange one is faster than yours

Yessir! True statement. Orange is the fastest color, period.

jmoney7269 12-13-2012 03:24 PM

Too bad them suckers are out of stock! I wanted a red one from Santa clause this year!!!
Anyone know of a place that's got them in stock?

chriscw81 12-13-2012 04:13 PM

[quote=Chef Jim;2296186]
Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscw81 (Post 2295910)
A few days I spent quite a bit of time comparing the maverick PT-100 on a comparison thread. This seals the deal for me, thermapen it is! What was the total time from shipping out until the delivery date?

I am not quite sure. I sent it out last friday and am hoping that I will have it tomorrow. Even if not then it is still a fast turn around by the fact that they shipped yesterday.

yep, that is a quick turn around. it's pretty common for companies to take 4-6 weeks.

Toast 12-13-2012 04:22 PM

The Purple ones are the fastest and unbreakable! OK, maybe I'm stretching it a little there. ;D

Glad to hear about the good Customer service!