King of the Smoker
Grand Champion: Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q
Reserve Champion: Munchin Hogs @ the Hilto
1. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q - 688.0000
2. Munchin Hogs @ the Hilto - 687.4284
3. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ - 686.2856
4. Pellet Envy - 685.7140
5. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew - 685.1434
6. Left Coast Q - 685.1430
7. Cool Smoke - 685.1428
8. Pigskin BBQ - 682.2854
9. 3 Eyz BBQ - 681.7142
10. Grills Gone Wild Iowa - 678.2858
11. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ - 677.7142
12. I.A.B. 30 BBQ - 677.1426
13. Big T'z Q Cru - 673.7144
14. Blazen BBQ - 673.1434
15. Smokin' Triggers - 670.2856
16. Smoke On Wheels - 669.7144
17. All Sauced Up - 668.5714
18. Team Enoserv - 665.7144
19. Plowboys BBQ - 664.5710
20. Little Pig Town - 663.4286
21. Jambo Pits - 658.8566
22. Jerry King Midland, TX - 650.8570
23. Woodhouse BBQ - 647.9996
24. Who's Smokin' Now - 645.1428
1. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q - 178.2858
2. Plowboys BBQ - 176.5714
3. 3 Eyz BBQ - 175.4286
4. Cool Smoke - 174.2858
5. Smoke On Wheels - 172.5718
6. All Sauced Up - 172.5714
7. Grills Gone Wild Iowa - 172.0000
8. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ - 171.4286
9. Blazen BBQ - 171.4284
10. Left Coast Q - 171.4284
11. Pellet Envy - 170.2856
12. Big T'z Q Cru - 169.7146
13. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ - 168.5716
14. Munchin Hogs @ the Hilto - 168.5714
15. Pigskin BBQ - 168.5714
16. Team Enoserv - 167.4286
17. Jerry King Midland, TX - 165.7142
18. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew - 165.1432
19. I.A.B. 30 BBQ - 165.1428
20. Who's Smokin' Now - 164.0000
21. Little Pig Town - 161.7142
22. Jambo Pits - 161.7140
23. Smokin' Triggers - 161.1430
24. Woodhouse BBQ - 159.4286
1. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ - 172.5714
2. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q - 172.5714
3. Munchin Hogs @ the Hilto - 172.0000
4. Pellet Envy - 172.0000
5. I.A.B. 30 BBQ - 170.8572
6. Grills Gone Wild Iowa - 170.8572
7. Pigskin BBQ - 170.2858
8. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew - 170.2856
9. Smokin' Triggers - 169.7142
10. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ - 169.1430
11. Team Enoserv - 168.5714
12. Jerry King Midland, TX - 168.0000
13. Big T'z Q Cru - 166.8572
14. Woodhouse BBQ - 166.2856
15. Jambo Pits - 166.2856
16. Left Coast Q - 165.7144
17. All Sauced Up - 165.1428
18. Smoke On Wheels - 165.1428
19. Cool Smoke - 164.0000
20. 3 Eyz BBQ - 163.4284
21. Blazen BBQ - 162.2860
22. Little Pig Town - 161.7142
23. Plowboys BBQ - 157.7142
24. Who's Smokin' Now - 150.8570
1. Pellet Envy - 176.5714
2. Left Coast Q - 176.0002
3. All Sauced Up - 174.2858
4. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew - 173.7144
5. Munchin Hogs @ the Hilto - 173.7142
6. Pigskin BBQ - 173.1428
7. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ - 172.5712
8. Cool Smoke - 170.8570
9. I.A.B. 30 BBQ - 169.7142
10. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q - 169.7142
11. Smoke On Wheels - 168.0000
12. Grills Gone Wild Iowa - 168.0000
13. Little Pig Town - 167.4288
14. Big T'z Q Cru - 167.4284
15. Blazen BBQ - 166.8574
16. Team Enoserv - 166.8572
17. 3 Eyz BBQ - 166.2856
18. Jambo Pits - 166.2856
19. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ - 166.2856
20. Plowboys BBQ - 166.2856
21. Smokin' Triggers - 165.7142
22. Woodhouse BBQ - 165.1428
23. Who's Smokin' Now - 163.4286
24. Jerry King Midland, TX - 155.4286
1. 3 Eyz BBQ - 176.5716
2. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew - 176.0002
3. Cool Smoke - 176.0000
4. Smokin' Triggers - 173.7142
5. Munchin Hogs @ the Hilto - 173.1428
6. Blazen BBQ - 172.5716
7. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ - 172.5714
8. Little Pig Town - 172.5714
9. Left Coast Q - 172.0000
10. I.A.B. 30 BBQ - 171.4284
11. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ - 170.8570
12. Pigskin BBQ - 170.2854
13. Big T'z Q Cru - 169.7142
14. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q - 167.4286
15. Grills Gone Wild Iowa - 167.4286
16. Who's Smokin' Now - 166.8572
17. Pellet Envy - 166.8570
18. Jambo Pits - 164.5714
19. Smoke On Wheels - 163.9998
20. Plowboys BBQ - 163.9998
21. Team Enoserv - 162.8572
22. Jerry King Midland, TX - 161.7142
23. Woodhouse BBQ - 157.1426
24. All Sauced Up - 156.5714
Congrats to BBG & Munchin' Hogs. Well done Harry for a close third - our other California teams did a great job of representing as well. Most of all, thanks to Sterling and all involved for thinking out of the box to create a unique experience for the teams and especially the spectators. This event was over the top in every category. The opportunity to spend time with top teams in the nation and hear them speak openly about their BBQ techniques with the attendees was priceless. Big Mista and Simply Marvelous served up some great BBQ to the crowd. The venue was spectacular as well. La Quinta is a top notch resort and the concept of each team having their own casita with their pits just steps away made the event feel very intimate. The musicians were the best of any event I have attended. I'm sure folks who were more involved will fill us in on all of the other extras. Thanks again Big Poppa! Looking forward to next year!
I talked to almost every team their and the only complaint I heard was that they actually had to go home afterwards. Superior event in every way. We were waited on hand and foot by the Big Poppa crew and the La Quinta resort staff. Well played Sterling. Well played.
The KOS was one for the ages. The west coast version of the Jack?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome event Big Poppa! Words can't really express how cool it was!
Congrats to all the teams that participated!
I just made it home and all I can say is wow! I am tired and my right ankle is the size of a baseball, but who cares. I am proud to have been a small part of this great event.
I don't always vend, but, if and when I do again, it will be for KOS only! http://www.cbbqa.org/forum/public/st...ault/dirol.gif
Had the best time vending at KOS! BPS staff were more than generous with their help. La Quinta Resort was awesome, and it was an honor to cook in the same place as the competitors. All the spectators were so nice, and I had a BLAST!! Congratulations to everyone!
Looked like a great comp, a lot of great teams overlooked!
Wow!..as most have already said this was one for the ages..a big THANK YOU to Sterling Ball,his awesome staff from Ernie Ball,and the staff at the La Quinta resort..they were simply great each and every person involved!.then to get to listen to all of the other cooks talk about bbq all in one place was priceless..Big Poppa you have set the bar so dam high I doubt it can ever be reached..well maybe at next years KOTS!..fantastic job!!!
For 15 dollars patrons got the very best food.....in the best location not on the water in December, got free classes from the likes of Trigg, Stone, Gray Hixon,Soo, Groneman, Johns, Nelson, and the eventual GC Lilly...oh yeah we raised $167,000.00 for pediatric kidney disease. I think that is more raised that the next 50 contests.
spend a few minutes and look up the facebook pages of the teams that were there...I didnt talk about the teams.
Do you know who I invited and turned it down?
Was the cup half empty or half full at the King Of the Smoker?
Sorry for the rant but most people would have given up with the internet sniping.
Matt our fabulous sponsor La Qunta Resort paid for your meals and room and bar tab.
I was not without expenses! hahahaha
Everything about this event was first class. Sterling kicked it up a big notch. The teams that competed had everything they need to focus on the competition, and not worry about a thing. Sterling’s team was there to support. He had almost a 1-1 volunteer team ratio.
No matter who was invited someone would be left off the list, but it’s an invitational. Sterling defined the rules, and invited the teams. In his mind these were the best of the best.
At the end of the day it was an EPIC contest brining some of the best cooks from around the country to this event, cooking the same meat, and seeing who the best was on that day. Congrats Chris Lilly…
But most important we raised 167K for a great charity.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.