The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Perfect Sous Vide Prime Ribeyes in 3 steps and No words- (It's that easy) (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148823)

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 01:38 PM

Perfect Sous Vide Prime Ribeyes in 3 steps and No words- (It's that easy)
 
http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A8509C37A3.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A8AFE37755.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...C4DD7BF0E1.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A88853E84E.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...C2FEA36068.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A85CD13A0F.jpg

(1:30 @ 132)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...C316B5B2EC.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A867BB90F8.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A91ED4A182.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A94958793B.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A96BF769DC.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A8909CE512.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...A9867BC374.jpg

cirk 12-02-2012 01:43 PM

Lol! Nice cook...

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cirk (Post 2286626)
Lol! Nice cook...

Thanks. it was fun to do. Having a few issue with the images but I think you get the idea.

gorebucket 12-02-2012 02:05 PM

To all the fellas out there with ladies to impress
It's easy to do just follow these steps

BBQ Bandit 12-02-2012 02:48 PM

Cute! Have you smoked a steak @ 225 yet? Very similar results.

tish 12-02-2012 02:48 PM

Looks delicious! I've been looking at this machine for a while now. All the votes are not in yet, but I enjoy watching what others have been doing with it. :grin:

AussieTitch 12-02-2012 03:00 PM

Let me check.
One and a half hours at 130f ,Yes?
looks good,my machine is home made.
Cheers.
Titch

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieTitch (Post 2286665)
Let me check.
One and a half hours at 130f ,Yes?
looks good,my machine is home made.
Cheers.
Titch

I did 1.5 hrs at 132 actually. doesn't make a ton of difference but I like that temp.

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Bandit (Post 2286656)
Cute! Have you smoked a steak @ 225 yet? Very similar results.

I have but when I get real high end steaks, I try to keep the smoke off (gasp!)

I probably do 80% of my steaks outside but I love a high end steakhouse steak and this was as good as it gets in that regard.

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tish (Post 2286657)
Looks delicious! I've been looking at this machine for a while now. All the votes are not in yet, but I enjoy watching what others have been doing with it. :grin:

They are great. We use ours several times a week. You'll never eat chicken breast any other way once you SV one. I have a pork belly going in now for 4 days. Stay tuned for that one. I have tons of other cooks posted on another forum (I'm a BGE guy) and they are all so easy and so good. 5 day short ribs, steaks, soft boiled eggs (one of the best things you can do SV- like a custard). It's really cool and it is really as easy as the thread says. I did the pics just to prove a point, but it's really true.

TIMMAY 12-02-2012 03:38 PM

So... Do you serve them in a box after they come off the grill?

Steaks look great!!!!

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIMMAY (Post 2286692)
So... Do you serve them in a box after they come off the grill?

Steaks look great!!!!

However the ladies like them. With a bow, in a box......it's all good to me :)

buccaneer 12-02-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centexsmoker (Post 2286629)
Thanks. it was fun to do. Having a few issue with the images but I think you get the idea.

I'm having issues with the images too!:tongue:

haha that vus Johk

Great, fun post and the steak looks so good!
I have been wanting to get one forever, a SV machine I mean.
Typical of titch, Aussie ingenuity, he can make anything.
I got cheated of the gene :noidea:

centexsmoker 12-02-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buccaneer (Post 2286697)
I'm having issues with the images too!:tongue:

haha that vus Johk

Great, fun post and the steak looks so good!
I have been wanting to get one forever, a SV machine I mean.
Typical of titch, Aussie ingenuity, he can make anything.
I got cheated of the gene :noidea:

I wish I could blame the forum for the blurry pics too but I have to blame the boubon for those :wacko:

They really aren't that hard to make. For $100 you can mod out a crock pot, rice cooker or something like that. They aren't as accurate, which is kind of a problem with real sous vide, but it's ok for hot tubbing steaks and stuff. I'm doing a 4 day cook starting tonight and I won't check the temp once. That's where the extra $ comes in.

buccaneer 12-02-2012 04:14 PM

They are $800 around here!
TFO is way too smart to allow ME to do any modding of electricals...:fear:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.