The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Centex gettin' weird with the pig parts (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148450)

centexsmoker 11-25-2012 10:06 PM

Centex gettin' weird with the pig parts

4 Attachment(s)
trying to break my old forum habits and post here a little more. Love the diversity here but don't contribute as much as I would like too. I'll try to get on board a little more.

So this T-Day we we traveled to my sister's farm/ranch/lake house and were given the responsibility of breakfast and a few desserts for the big day. Our traditional holiday breakfast is ham and jalapeno cheese grits............... @#!*% skippy.

Since we weren't doing the main event this year, we decided to get nuts with the breakfast foods and blow some minds in the process.

TFJ (The Fabulous Janell) and I cured a 15lb fresh ham for 7 days then smoked it 7 hours over apple on the LGBE with a maple/mustard/garlic glaze. Absolutely unreal. It blew everything else away for the day (except for the grits- always the best thing on the table for me)

We also cured and smoked 8lbs of belly into some ethereal bacon in sweet and savory profiles (maple for the sweet and garlic/bay leaf for the savory).

Then my niece shot a nice 8 point so I chicken fried the back strap and served it up with some eggs and the bacon on Friday.

so here's the evidence:

Gore 11-25-2012 10:09 PM

Oh my, that is beautiful! :hungry:

gtr 11-25-2012 10:16 PM

Well fark dude, that looks amazing - I'm glad you're gonna be posting more! :hungry:

cowgirl 11-25-2012 10:26 PM

Great lookin' feast!

MisterChrister 11-25-2012 10:43 PM

I'd hit the FARK outta that; deep, wide, and frequent!!!

AustinKnight 11-25-2012 11:31 PM

Really nice spread brotha, my bud made some good venison chili yesterday. Welcome to the site AustinKnight:beer: thanks for sharing:thumbup:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/26/adujahed.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999

westy 11-26-2012 12:58 AM

Wow! Nuff said....

frognot 11-26-2012 01:01 AM

Great lookin' grub there!

Bludawg 11-26-2012 09:04 AM

WOW ! What a spread.:thumb:

code3rrt 11-26-2012 09:33 AM

Wowser, that looks reeeeeaaaaaal good!

Harbormaster 11-26-2012 11:06 AM

My mouth watered at the thought of chicken-fried back strap. I bet that kicked a$$.

Everything else sounds outrageously good too!

centexsmoker 11-26-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbormaster (Post 2281223)
My mouth watered at the thought of chicken-fried back strap. I bet that kicked a$$.

Everything else sounds outrageously good too!

It was great. The meat was super fresh and not gamey at all. They have been eating very well out of all the feeders so the meat was awesome.

My neice thought it was cool to share her deer with the family. Pretty cool.

Yendor 11-26-2012 12:44 PM

Chicken fried venison!!! Yes, I forgot all about that. My auntie in Dallas had made me some years ago. My FIL just handed over some venison steaks and now I know what I am doing with them. Everything looks delicious there.

aawa 11-26-2012 12:48 PM

My mouth was watering looking at your pron. That is a great looking spread!

centexsmoker 11-26-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yendor (Post 2281301)
Chicken fried venison!!! Yes, I forgot all about that. My auntie in Dallas had made me some years ago. My FIL just handed over some venison steaks and now I know what I am doing with them. Everything looks delicious there.

Thanks. These were just salt and pepper then dipped in egg/flour/egg/flour (double dipped). It was really easy and tasted great.