The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gotz venison (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148400)

bmonkman 11-25-2012 04:26 AM

Gotz venison

So I get a call from a co-worker on Friday. She told me her husband just got back from a hunting trip in W. VA where he scored a ten point buck. Clean shot - through the shoulder and lungs. Quick kill.

So she asked me if I wanted some. Me, hell yeah!!

So I go to their place yesterday and her husband opens a cooler and says - Help yourself, take whatever you want. I look into the cooler and think - What the frack am I going to do with these?

Lots of meat for sure - not butchered or cleaned at all - just cut into a size big enough to fit into the coolers. I'm thinking - how the heck am I going cut these up. Being the adventurous guy I am I ended up taking two shoulders and a hind quarter.

Got home and said - Honey, look what I have - and opened up my cooler. My wife is a really good sport - her only reaction was - Wow!!

We put the first shoulder up on the cutting board and I start hacking away. Wife to me - do you know what you are doing? Me - not a clue. Wife - move over caveman.

She ended up going through everything and producing 6 steaks, 1 roast, about 5 pounds of stewing meat and left two bones with meat to cook up for the dog. (Those damn bones are huge. Our dog will think she is in canine heaven.)

Sorry for the long post - just had to share.

TY~DY 11-25-2012 05:09 AM

Score!

NBBD 11-25-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TY~DY (Post 2280307)
Score!

The score is the butcher wife!!!

Enjoy that meat-- any ideal what part of WVA it was taken in?

bmonkman 11-25-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBBD (Post 2280309)
...any ideal what part of WVA it was taken in?

No, but I can ask on Monday when I get into work.

Drh7003 11-25-2012 05:45 AM

Congrats!
I have a deer loin to do up. Keep us in the loop!

Gnaws on Pigs 11-25-2012 09:21 AM

I've got a quartered deer on ice right now that we're going to butcher and package this afternoon.

rondini 11-25-2012 10:51 PM

That's something to be thankful for.:cool:

cowgirl 11-25-2012 10:58 PM

Nice score! I've got a couple ready to cut up too. :thumb:

Crazy Harry 11-25-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmonkman (Post 2280301)
two bones with meat to cook up for the dog.

score for the puppy too