The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   When the wrong people tell you how to cook (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148312)

Babyboomerboy 11-23-2012 02:14 PM

When the wrong people tell you how to cook

1 Attachment(s)
I was cooking, (smoking) a fattie the other day when one of the guys down the street who walking his dog, came by to see what I was doing. I showed him the fattie and he ask if that was bacon I had wrapped around it. When I told him it was, he became so disgusted at the sight of that he started to explain to me that I was killing myself for using that much fat. He began telling me all the things that were going to happen to my insides if I ate that thing. Then, he suggested that I start cooking, (smoking) only fresh vegetables and I would be healthier and live longer. Well to make a long story short, I found this sign that I am putting up beside my smoker in case he happens back by. What do you all think of this????:bow::bow::bow:

AussieTitch 11-23-2012 02:24 PM

I like that.
Cheers.
Titch

bengel 11-23-2012 02:26 PM

Life's Short - Eat More Fatties!

Smoked our first Fatties yesterday for T-Day appetizers. Made a Relleno & Thanksgiving Fatties. Even the health nuts loved them! Everything in moderation. Love the sign.

5string 11-23-2012 02:29 PM

Love it

timzcardz 11-23-2012 02:34 PM

You obviously have absolutely no grasp of the problem!

Every day, thousands of innocent plants are killed by vegetarians?

Really?

You sir, haven't got a clue!

The number is millions or billions!

If you are going to downplay the magnitude of the problem, then very few will even take notice.

Lake Dogs 11-23-2012 02:42 PM

www.vegan-mutants.com

captndan 11-23-2012 03:01 PM

Tell him his grass needs mowing.

Boshizzle 11-23-2012 03:02 PM

Why are people so filled with hate? What has broccoli ever done to him?

tnjimbob 11-23-2012 03:09 PM

They say they don't eat anything with a face. Besides a whole hog, have you ever bought any meat that had a face? I didn't think so.

Vegetables are what my food eats. :mrgreen:

Enkidu 11-23-2012 03:09 PM

I don't care so much when people are vegetarian/vegan. In fact, a few vegetarian friends of my wife occasionally come over when I BBQ and they enjoy all of the non-meat BBQ. What I cannot stand are the preachy vegans/vegetarians who tell me how unhealthy I am supposedly eating. Usually I just nod and smile.

NBBD 11-23-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enkidu (Post 2279173)
What I cannot stand are the preachy vegans/vegetarians who tell me how unhealthy I am supposedly eating.

Especially on your own property... Babybookerboy, how well do you know this guy?!?

buccaneer 11-23-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyboomerboy (Post 2279135)
I was cooking, (smoking) a fattie the other day when one of the guys down the street who walking his dog, came by to see what I was doing. I showed him the fattie and he ask if that was bacon I had wrapped around it. When I told him it was, he became so disgusted at the sight of that he started to explain to me that I was killing myself for using that much fat. He began telling me all the things that were going to happen to my insides if I ate that thing. Then, he suggested that I start cooking, (smoking) only fresh vegetables and I would be healthier and live longer. Well to make a long story short, I found this sign that I am putting up beside my smoker in case he happens back by. What do you all think of this????:bow::bow::bow:

When I first read this I just couldn't understand why, as an American with the law to support you, that you didn't shoot the guy.
Then I realized he had his dog with him.
I commend you on your sensitivity, that would have deeply shocked the dog, even tho the following day the dog would have LOVED YOU when it finally chowed down on some meat for a change :heh:

gtr 11-23-2012 03:29 PM

I certainly don't like being preached to about what I eat, and I can't help but laugh at how a bacon wrapped fatty must terrify a vegetarian. :laugh: You should send your avatar to his house and scare him some more. :thumb:

And, obviously, in all things, moderation - including moderation.

Daggs 11-23-2012 03:34 PM

Sounds like my mother who is never happy with the way I cook.
Did you offer him some? All my neighbors come out when I'm smoking just to tell me that their mouths are watering from the smell... Sorry for your A+hole neighbor!

Sway 11-23-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enkidu (Post 2279173)
What I cannot stand are the preachy vegans/vegetarians who tell me how unhealthy I am supposedly eating.

I wanna die happy, not hungry.