The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I have a bag of potatos, what can I do? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148014)

Sway 11-18-2012 07:14 PM

I have a bag of potatos, what can I do?
 
Need some ideas on what to do with the potatos this year, any ideas?

We norm just do like a loaded mash, but want something different this year.

JazzyBadger 11-18-2012 07:15 PM

I'm assuming you mean for Thanksgiving Day?

BobM 11-18-2012 07:19 PM

My wife cuts potatoes in slices and cooks them in the oven coated with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
Hmmm.

My sister-in-law makes whipped potatoes with heavy cream and butter.
Hmmm.

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ 11-18-2012 07:21 PM

What about potato bombs with some smoked ham and cheese?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokinAussie 11-18-2012 07:26 PM

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...032012_287.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...032012_290.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...032012_296.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...032012_297.jpg

Cheers!

Bill

fnbish 11-18-2012 07:30 PM

It's simple, but my current favorite is to cube them and just do roasted potatoes. Toss the cubes with olive oil and any numerous combinations of rubs, herbs, spices.

Sway 11-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp Donkeyz BBQ (Post 2275094)
What about potato bombs with some smoked ham and cheese?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I know what that is?


And SmokinAussie, those look great :clap:

captndan 11-19-2012 08:38 AM

Potatoes Anna.

slammmed 11-19-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobM (Post 2275090)
My wife cuts potatoes in slices and cooks them in the oven coated with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
Hmmm.

My sister-in-law makes whipped potatoes with heavy cream and butter.
Hmmm.

I love the EVOO, SP and rosemary potatoes. I also cube them up and put them in a foil wrap for about 20-30 minutes on the grill

Mo-Dave 11-19-2012 11:35 AM

Last night I cut large cubes of pot boiled in heavy salted water, drained added melted butter and parsley, put in oven at 400 until edges started browning. Everyone loved them and even my 3 year old Grandson had thirds.
Dave

TIMMAY 11-19-2012 01:51 PM

Get a 6ft piece of 4" PVC, a can of hairspray, lighter... Oh wait. You mean cooking those potatoes...

Keep the potatoes whole, coat em in olive oil, salt liberally, roast em till done. I bet a little rub could work.

tortaboy 11-19-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIMMAY (Post 2275760)
Get a 6ft piece of 4" PVC, a can of hairspray, lighter... Oh wait. You mean cooking those potatoes...

Keep the potatoes whole, coat em in olive oil, salt liberally, roast em till done. I bet a little rub could work.

....add some chicken broth and this is killer.

Just BS 11-19-2012 01:57 PM

How about smoked sausage and potatoes au gratin?

LM600 11-19-2012 01:58 PM

Dauphinoise Potatoes
Tartiflette
Pommes Anna
Jannsens Temptation
Duchess Potatoes

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ 11-19-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sway (Post 2275109)
Not sure I know what that is?


And SmokinAussie, those look great :clap:

Here's a link with a video. Pretty tasty. And the stuffing is only limited by your imagination.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=132151


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.