The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?" (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147869)

Phubar 11-16-2012 02:07 AM

"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Tonight eating at a Phriend of Padawan,probably we're gonna bring picanha along.
The rest of the weekend I dunno...

Have Phun y'all!:cool:

Garrett 11-16-2012 05:24 AM

Gonna have to wait til Sunday to cook a packer and some spares. I'm taking my 4 yr old son on his first deer hunt Saturday. Hopefully we will get thro on a back strap too!

Dr_KY 11-16-2012 06:21 AM

Sitting it out again this weekend I'm afraid I'm on some strange rabbit food kick. My body is craving all this veg for some strange reason.

swinn 11-16-2012 06:45 AM

Doing 6 Pork butts on Sunday. Have to cook 4 for our Holiday party for my department at work. Another one is for a pot luck party just for the building I work in, then 1 just for me!! :)

rksylves 11-16-2012 06:48 AM

This weekend is something of a milestone for me. It's my very first try at jerky. Depending on the weather I'll be loading up the cooker really early Sunday morning and see how it goes.

Many thanks to Kap'n who has been WAY more than generous with knowledge share and help.

I'm going to take photos and will be posting a 'Here's my first jerky try, win, lose, or draw' tutorial probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Russ

Mklade 11-16-2012 09:09 AM

Cookin a packer today, CASI chili Sat. and Sun. The packer is for pot -luck dinner Saturday night.

MS2SB 11-16-2012 12:10 PM

I've got a packer and butt going on tomorrow and Turducken stock is getting simmered on Sunday.

Terry The Toad 11-16-2012 12:53 PM

Well, I just ordered a couple of Lodge CI pizza pans. They were delivered yesterday. So, I'm gonna break them in this Sunday by smoking some pizzas... can't wait! :-D

smokainmuskoka 11-16-2012 12:55 PM

Pork Loin Roast.

thirtydaZe 11-16-2012 12:58 PM

Starting to look like prime rib roast. i'll likely sneak a rack of ribs in too however.

TIMMAY 11-16-2012 12:59 PM

Throwing a pork shoulder on the kettle. Gonna experiment with injecting just to see what happens. I love it when shoulders are .99 a lb on base...

gtr 11-16-2012 01:01 PM

Gonna smoke a ham-cured butt a la Phrasty that's been in the cure this week. Also gonna make some breakfast sausage and I found a nice & bendy little 9.5# packer at RD this morning which I'll be cooking as well. And, as every week, a chicken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_KY (Post 2273030)
Sitting it out again this weekend I'm afraid I'm on some strange rabbit food kick. My body is craving all this veg for some strange reason.

Nothing wrong with that at all brother - just listen to what yer body's telling you and roll with it!

The_Kapn 11-16-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rksylves (Post 2273047)
This weekend is something of a milestone for me. It's my very first try at jerky. Depending on the weather I'll be loading up the cooker really early Sunday morning and see how it goes.

Many thanks to Kap'n who has been WAY more than generous with knowledge share and help.

I'm going to take photos and will be posting a 'Here's my first jerky try, win, lose, or draw' tutorial probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Russ

Your gonna do fine.
Should have a good baseline to tweak and build on later.

Have Fun

I have 3 honking big briskets going on tomorrow to restock the freezer.

TIM

Dirtbuddy 11-16-2012 03:00 PM

Some roadside chicken and baby backs tomorrow, not sure what else at this point.

VoodoChild 11-16-2012 08:14 PM

:icon_smile_tongue:
Just got the green Light from the accountant AKA My wife... 2Birds, #11 lb briskit and some Pig shots !!! Pron To come ! yeah Briskit !:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: This is for Saturday !!!!