The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Turkey brine better than Alton Brown's (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147857)

bo_gator 11-15-2012 08:40 PM

Turkey brine better than Alton Brown's
 
I am smoking the turkey breast this year for my family and my parents. In the past when the wife and I have done the turkey, we used the Alton Brown brine recipe from Good Eats. Is there a better brine recipe out there for a turkey that is going on a smoker :?:


It can't be very hot since my mother can't handle hot foods :loco: :wacko: :loco:

wmarkw 11-15-2012 09:05 PM

I made a batch of this tonight for a turkey I'm doing this weekend.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2009/1...key-brine.html

Bludawg 11-15-2012 10:39 PM

Google" Smokin Oakies Holiday Turkey Brine"

mytmouz 11-16-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmarkw (Post 2272881)
I made a batch of this tonight for a turkey I'm doing this weekend.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2009/1...key-brine.html


This...

PatioDaddio 11-16-2012 01:05 AM

Thanks guys!

John

GreenDrake 11-16-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2272942)
Google" Smokin Oakies Holiday Turkey Brine"

I second that, I do Smokin Okies all the time, love it.

northern smokey 11-16-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytmouz (Post 2272977)
This...

this is the brine i always use my family loves it

jlane 11-16-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmarkw (Post 2272881)
I made a batch of this tonight for a turkey I'm doing this weekend.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2009/1...key-brine.html

I've been using Alton Brown's the last few years, but this year I'm trying this one.

Bonewagon 11-16-2012 01:25 PM

I won't say it's better than AB's as that's subjective, but I've used this brine with good results before.

bacchus99 11-16-2012 03:47 PM

Do most folks still brine even if the turkey is already enhanced? Tough to find one non enhanced these days.

AustinKnight 11-16-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlane (Post 2273192)
I've been using Alton Brown's the last few years, but this year I'm trying this one.

You won't be disappointed this is an excellent brine.

Sent from my SGH-T999

bo_gator 11-18-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonewagon (Post 2273415)
I won't say it's better than AB's as that's subjective, but I've used this brine with good results before.

Man, that one does look pretty good :cool:

Bigmista 11-18-2012 11:49 PM

I smoke Turkey Breasts daily. I use the enhanced and skip the brine. Season with Chicken Scratch and smoke it. Tasty.

hcj3rd 11-19-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmarkw (Post 2272881)
I made a batch of this tonight for a turkey I'm doing this weekend.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2009/1...key-brine.html

Can't go wrong with this brine. I love it.:clap:

mawil1013 11-19-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bo_gator (Post 2272862)
I am smoking the turkey breast this year for my family and my parents. In the past when the wife and I have done the turkey, we used the Alton Brown brine recipe from Good Eats. Is there a better brine recipe out there for a turkey that is going on a smoker :?:


It can't be very hot since my mother can't handle hot foods :loco: :wacko: :loco:

Google search; The Fat Man brine, I've been using it for years, omit the Dave's Insanity sauce and the crushed red pepper.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.