The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KCBS and Restaraunt Depot no more (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146267)

ButchB 10-18-2012 02:07 PM

KCBS and Restaraunt Depot no more

I went to print off my coupon so I could run to Restaurant Depot and pick some stuff up and the coupon is gone. Called KCBS and they said RD pulled their membership. Anybody got anymore ideas on where to get some good meat? Thanks

Teamfour 10-18-2012 02:13 PM

Looks like the mention of RD has been pulled from the KCBS discounts listing.

columbia1 10-18-2012 02:15 PM

WOW!!!
at least they did it in the slow part of the BBQ season.

JerryA 10-18-2012 02:16 PM

I asked earlier this week about that, this was the response:

We have been informed that new negotiations for Restaurant Depot is being worked on. At this point we have not had any confirmation as to when and if it will be available for our members. The best I can offer is to check back from time to time on the website in the KCBS discount section once you have logged in and check for all current discounts. All sponsorships and discounts are not handled directly through the KCBS office here but by a advertising company whom KCBS has worked with over the last several years.

Thank You,

Carla Page
Manager, Member Services
Administrative Assistant
cPage@KCBS.us
Membership@KCBS.us

speers90 10-18-2012 02:17 PM

I was just there today and they let me in with my KCBS card.

landarc 10-18-2012 02:17 PM

Befriend a restaurant owner

SirPorkaLot 10-18-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2247875)
Befriend a restaurant owner

Or pretend to be a restaurant owner :mrgreen:

I have two valid RD membership cards that came free when I registered with them as Sir Porkalot BBQ.

All I needed was a biz license.

To get the biz license, I did this:
  1. Get an EIN (free from Fed Gov't)
  2. Take EIN and go to local City Hall and paid $24.95 to get annual license.
  3. Go to RD with Biz license - get 2 membership cards good for the year.
Cheaper than a KCBS membership and can't be taken away for the next year :mrgreen:

fnbish 10-18-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot (Post 2247897)
Or pretend to be a restaurant owner :mrgreen:

I have two valid RD membership cards that came free when I registered with them as Sir Porkalot BBQ.

All I needed was a biz license.

To get the biz license, I did this:
  1. Get an EIN (free from Fed Gov't)
  2. Take EIN and go to local City Hall and paid $24.95 to get annual license.
  3. Go to RD with Biz license - get 2 membership cards good for the year.
Cheaper than a KCBS membership and can't be taken away for the next year :mrgreen:

They gave you a restaurant biz license without a health inspection? I went to mine and they said I couldn't get the license without the inspection. So since I didn't have a place to be inspected I thought that was it?

gtr 10-18-2012 02:49 PM

Fark! I was gonna go there tomorrow to get meat for a fundraiser. :doh:

E Mellow 10-18-2012 02:49 PM

The RD here just requires that you have a business license, they do not discriminate against businesses that are not restaurants.

Non-for-profits with the proper paperwork can also get a membership.

didisea 10-18-2012 02:54 PM

You can also just register a business name with your state, - it doesn't have to be your BBQ name, in fact I just replaced "BBQ" with "Enterprises," and get a business license. $20 one time fee in our state (WA).

You do need to file a breif business tax return on an annual basis, but if you had no sales, it takes about 2mins to complete and mail.

Then take your state business license to RD and get your cards.

Kave Dweller 10-18-2012 03:06 PM

I went to the local RD last night showed my KCBS card and got a 1 day pass at the front desk.

The_Kapn 10-18-2012 03:18 PM

Does RD charge a membership fee if you just have a qualifying business and join?
Was the KCBS one free.

I could look it up, but I am lazy this PM :grin:

TIM

nthole 10-18-2012 03:32 PM

Well that sucks. But sounds like if you just go they might let you in. I was planning on going next week, guess I'll find out if they won't let me in!

SirPorkaLot 10-18-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnbish (Post 2247925)
They gave you a restaurant biz license without a health inspection? I went to mine and they said I couldn't get the license without the inspection. So since I didn't have a place to be inspected I thought that was it?

I registered my business as a private caterer, and no such health inspection was required.

However I did NOT get a food service license, just a tax permit basically. RD was happy with it.