The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wanna Learn to cook like Aaron Franklin? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145399)

centexsmoker 10-04-2012 05:15 PM

Wanna Learn to cook like Aaron Franklin?
 
I just saw that Aaron is teaming up with our local PBS affiliate to produce a youtube series on everything he knows about bbq. From buying and modding a smoker, to buying, trimming, and cooking meat and much more. The series is being shot now and will start airing this month some time. Here is the link that explains it all:

http://www.indiegogo.com/BBQwithFranklin?c=home

This link does have a donate feature- that's not what I am suggesting. I threw in a little support but I live here and have met aaron and love his food. Donate if ya want but certainly take advantage of the videos when they come out. It's going to be epic.

Boshizzle 10-04-2012 07:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Austin is a great town. I hope you appreciate all the great BBQ and history there is around the area. I am hoping to visit again soon.

AustinKnight 10-04-2012 09:12 PM

Cool THx brotha:thumb: a lot of great stuff here, pleases no one else move here:loco:

centexsmoker 10-04-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 2234870)
Thanks for the heads up! Austin is a great town. I hope you appreciate all the great BBQ and history there is around the area. I am hoping to visit again soon.

Thanks Bo. I've moved here 3 times so I hope it will eventually stick! I love it here. As you can probbaly tell, I'm totally hooked on this town and a huge fan of our food (and football) culture.

Really enjoying this forum too. I'm a regular on the BGE forum but heard some great stuff from other guys there so I thouhgt I would check it out.

Boshizzle 10-04-2012 09:31 PM

The BGE forum is awesome! But, this place is much more well rounded with a lot of knowledge beyond the BGE. Welcome to the brethren, this is THE place to be for outdoor cooking.

centexsmoker 10-04-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 2234969)
The BGE forum is awesome! But, this place is much more well rounded with a lot of knowledge beyond the BGE. Welcome to the brethren, this is THE place to be for outdoor cooking.

correct. It's a great place but I love to see all the different angles. Still feeling my way out here but can really see it's a good spot. I love my egg but I'm all about cooking. I've owned a restaurant, a gourmet grocery store, a prime steak and seafood counter and a catering business. I love it all (outside of losing my ass on commercial food businesses!)

I really love seeing all the angles and that is certainly in play here.

MarleyMan 10-04-2012 09:51 PM

Thanks and welcome to the Bretheren. Looking forward to the series (and my new koozie :thumb:)

centexsmoker 10-04-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarleyMan (Post 2234992)
Thanks and welcome to the Bretheren. Looking forward to the series (and my new koozie :thumb:)

atta boy.

TonyT 10-05-2012 02:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I've only read some articles on Aaron and saw him judging the last season of pitmasters. From pitmasters, it seems to like his food nice and simple: salt, pepper and the right smoke/temp

centexsmoker 10-05-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyT (Post 2235100)
Thanks for the heads up! I've only read some articles on Aaron and saw him judging the last season of pitmasters. From pitmasters, it seems to like his food nice and simple: salt, pepper and the right smoke/temp

Yep- It's so simple but the quality of the food is amazing. Can't wait for the videos to start rolling out.

Vision 10-05-2012 09:37 AM

Why yes, yes I would like to cook like Aaron.

columbia1 10-05-2012 10:03 AM

Definitely looking forward to this!! :)

centexsmoker 10-05-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 2235248)
Why yes, yes I would like to cook like Aaron.

By your tag line, I thought you might.........

Wampus 10-05-2012 10:06 AM

Why sure I would. Most of all, though....I'd like to get PAID like him! :laugh:



Thanks for the heads up!!!

Jaskew82 10-05-2012 10:13 AM

nice! I can't wait to see this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.