The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Humphrey Competition Smokers And Accessories (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Custom BBQ Tools (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144361)

smokinit 09-20-2012 07:07 AM

Custom BBQ Tools

Ok guys I have a bud of mine who I work with and he designs all our medical instruments and of coarse he is a BBQ guy.We are going to design some cool BBQ tools and more specifically some geared toward Backwoods. I have some good ideas myself but would like to hear and ideas you may have.

Sledneck 09-20-2012 07:42 AM

Stackable rib racks

Navchop 09-26-2012 01:33 PM

I take it these tools will be made in the USA? I would be interested in what is developed and whether this is going to be a full time enterprise.

I'm working to open a BBQ supply store in GA and I want all of my products to be made in USA. As you probably know there is no line of BBQ accessories that are made in USA. Most are made in China. Look forward to hearing from you.

smokinit 09-26-2012 01:52 PM

That's my plan to keep in the the good old USA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

deguerre 09-26-2012 02:22 PM

I think a standing hanger rack that would go on the lower grate of a WSM would be pretty nifty if it could be worked out.

smokinit 09-27-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2225954)
I think a standing hanger rack that would go on the lower grate of a WSM would be pretty nifty if it could be worked out.

I will add that to my to look at list for the future. Thanks for the idea:becky:

landarc 09-27-2012 02:46 PM

I don't cook on a backwoods, but, I can see where a meat hook setup, that would hang off the top rack in a backwoods, with the other racks removed would be nice. For poultry or other meats. Ever see the hooks make for Chinese roast ducks?

Also a nice heavy duty drip pan, I mean with a solid guage of steel, that would fit correctly would be nice. Something that could be used to catch drips, or even as a braising pan.

smokinit 09-27-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2227151)
I don't cook on a backwoods, but, I can see where a meat hook setup, that would hang off the top rack in a backwoods, with the other racks removed would be nice. For poultry or other meats. Ever see the hooks make for Chinese roast ducks?

Also a nice heavy duty drip pan, I mean with a solid guage of steel, that would fit correctly would be nice. Something that could be used to catch drips, or even as a braising pan.

The whole low temp/cold smoking kit is something on the top of my list.:thumb:

smokinit 10-16-2012 05:54 PM

Ok we have some things in the works anything else you guys would like to see for comp tools.

smokinit 01-09-2013 07:36 AM

Ok we will finally have a one new item out and it will be a cool little gadget called the Basting Deflector. For now it will be in Backwoods sizes only and I will have a few to give out for review so you Backwoods guys who have a Chubby,G2 Chubby,G2 Party,Standard Party,Extended Party or Fatboy PM me with your addy I will have two to ship out sometime next week

cpw 01-09-2013 07:59 AM

PM sent!

Cliff H. 01-09-2013 08:00 AM

Not for BW, but I would purchase a circular rib rack for my WSM.

tyotrain 01-09-2013 08:57 AM

Pm sent 👍

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

smokinit 01-09-2013 09:04 AM

Ok we have our two testers thanks guys.

smokinit 01-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff H. (Post 2322399)
Not for BW, but I would purchase a circular rib rack for my WSM.

Not a bad Idea:idea: