The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   TheBBQSuperstore.com. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Great Lakes BBQ Supply Company - Sold (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142826)

Spydermike72 08-30-2012 10:14 AM

Great Lakes BBQ Supply Company - Sold

Steve and I would like to let you know that we have sold The Great Lakes BBQ Supply Company, but we have sold it to 2 guys that are just as passionate and knowledgeable about bbq as anybody we know. You may know them, they are Comp cooks here in Michigan; Rich Parker from iBQn and Mark Rasmussen from Smokin Aces Crap Shoot BBQ. They will be using our name and storefront for a bit, while they get their own store up and running. Their new name and domain will be TheBBQSuperstore.com and the transition will be taking place over the next 30 days or so.

On a personal note, we want to thank all of our customers that helped make us successful over the past 4 years. We hope you will continue to look to Rich and Mark for all of your BBQ needs, as we can assure you they will take very good care of you.

We hope to see you out on the BBQ Trail!!

Mike Terry and Steve Coddington

willkat98 08-30-2012 12:26 PM

My shirt will become a collectors item!!!

Wish I had picked up a few more while you had them.

Good luck to you Mike and Steve and looking forward to continuing with you Rich and Mark!

bigabyte 08-30-2012 01:07 PM

Now I'm wishing I had ordered a shirt.:doh:

You guys were a pleasure to work with and I wish you all the best.

landarc 08-30-2012 01:09 PM

Man, i should have ordered a few shirts too, instead of that BBQ stuff.

Thanks for setting the bar on Internet BBQ business, best of luck to you both.

Ron_L 08-30-2012 01:40 PM

Maybe there will be a shirt clearance sale coming? :)

Good luck, guys and thanks for your support!

landarc 08-30-2012 01:49 PM

I wear a BBQ large, probably the one size they no longer have

Fatback Joe 08-30-2012 03:08 PM

Congrats and good luck.

Ohhh.......I have a sweatshirt and a shirt that I need to have framed now.

2XL to the highest bidder. :becky:

Westexbbq 08-31-2012 11:35 AM

Good luck to all going forward. (wore my shirt at the Vets Hospital cook last weekend).
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/Untitled.jpg

Joneser 08-31-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westexbbq (Post 2196115)
Good luck to all going forward. (wore my shirt at the Vets Hospital cook last weekend).
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/Untitled.jpg

Thats the Bubba Sleeveless mod....

Plowboy 08-31-2012 02:21 PM

We were one of GLBBQ's first products. These guys always represented us well. It's been a great partnership. Have already been working with Rich and Mark through the transition, and I'm equally excited about the future. Customer service has been a hallmark of GLBBQ. I expect the same from BBQSuperstore. Happy for all involved.

Big George's BBQ 08-31-2012 03:15 PM

Good luck in your new ventures Whenever I ordered from you I had excellent service Wish I had ordered a shirt too

deguerre 08-31-2012 03:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo! Y'all can't leave! Oh well. Best of luck guys and i'm sure I'll be happy with Rich and Mark.

cmohr74 09-01-2012 09:04 AM

Thank you for everything Mike & Steve. It was a pleasure to work with you on my Backwoods smoker purchase. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are moving on to. Rich & Mark, make us GLBBQS supporters proud to continue with you.

Rich Parker 09-02-2012 08:19 AM

Customer Service is on the top of our list in maintaining or if possible improving. We are also trying to come up with some creative ways to save everyone some money. We know competition bbq is expensive and even the backyarder spends a lot of money on supplies so we hope to come up with ways to reduce that expense.

There are some new products out there if you haven't seen and of course if there is something you would like to see on the site drop us a line, and we will see what we can do.

Stay tuned for announcements on when TheBBQSuperstore.com will go live.

Bbq Bubba 09-14-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joneser (Post 2196303)
Thats the Bubba Sleeveless mod....

Charged him extra for that!

Thank you all for the kind words. Hated to let her go but being a fulltime Pitmaster, i couldnt give the store the time it deserved.

I know Rich and Mark will treat you well.

P.S. I may still have some collector shirts left if your interested. :thumb: