The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Big Ron's Seasonings & BBQ Sauce (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Sampling Big Ron's rub and sauce (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138345)

campdude 07-10-2012 06:22 PM

Sampling Big Ron's rub and sauce

2 Attachment(s)
Last month Big Ron ran a special for the Brethren, Buy anything and get a free bottle of sauce. He just wanted people to try it and post their thoughts. Over the weekend I smoked a london broil to make BBQ cheesesteaks for the Local Yokel TD. I used Big Ron's Original Rub on the meat and ABT's. It's a nice blend - very tastey. I tasted the Hint of Houston Rub and think it's more to my taste. Very similiar, but with some heat. To much for the Mrs, I fear. Here's a link to the cook thread. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=138136 Today I thought I'd just slice up some of the beef and mix with some sauce and have a BBQ Beef sammie to try the sauce. Wow... the sauce is really good. It's got a nice tang with some front of the tongue heat. The heat dissapates quickly but is very nice. Deguerre's PP BBQ pizza would be a great way to enjoy this, and I'm not the biggest fan of BBQ sauce pizzas. I'm looking forward to trying the HOH and the chili mix. GREAT products Big Ron!:thumb::thumb:

btcg 07-10-2012 06:55 PM

I'd love to try it, but I'm not a fan of BBQ sauce on beef. For me, if it ain't ketchup on a burger, the only place I want to see a tomatoe based sauce is on a spaghetti.

campdude 07-10-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btcg (Post 2129906)
I'd love to try it, but I'm not a fan of BBQ sauce on beef. For me, if it ain't ketchup on a burger, the only place I want to see a tomatoe based sauce is on a spaghetti.

I'm not a big sauce fan on anything, but I like it once in a while, and this one was very good on the beef. I think it would be GREAT on pork.

DLR 07-10-2012 07:16 PM

I've used Big Rons " In the House"on chicken and "The original" on pulled pork and must say I am very pleased with the results. "Hint of Houston" is a little to bold for the family but I myself really like it and the sauce is better than any off the shelf I've ever tried, try adding a little Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce to it for ribs.

bigabyte 07-10-2012 08:33 PM

Thanks for posting. Reminds me I wanted to try it.

Big Ron 07-11-2012 10:28 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for posting an honest review and thanks for your business.

(Odd this was moved from Q-talk, I don't understand why?)

miket007 07-25-2012 12:48 PM

What are the prices of these sauses? I love to try new things as much as the next guy but hate to waste $.

Big Ron 07-25-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miket007 (Post 2149936)
What are the prices of these sauses? I love to try new things as much as the next guy but hate to waste $.

miket007- Thanks for the interest please visit my website for more info. I charge $10 for a 18oz bottle with domestic priority shipping included. 3 bottles for $25 again shipping included, and $38/gallon shipping included. Thanks again for the interest and please advise if I can answer any further questions

CharlesV 07-26-2012 11:45 AM

I just ordered your rub sauce samper, cant wait!

campdude 07-29-2012 08:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Had a friend over yesterday for some beers and BBQ munchies. I made some pig shots and ABT's and put out some Big Ron's sauce for dipping. Very good... very good indeed:clap2:. Your sauce IS fantastic with pork! Bravo. Thanks again for the deal last month.

Big Ron 07-30-2012 09:25 AM

Glad to see another posting and so happy to read you enjoyed it!