The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Blue Cheese and Bacon Burgers (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13829)

Samichlaus 10-09-2005 07:14 PM

Blue Cheese and Bacon Burgers

My cousin cooked some up today, he makes thin patties, maybe 3 or 4 ounces, places a small pile of crumbled blue cheese on the patty, tops with another patty and seals 'em up by crimping edges together. He grilled them up on his Weber, served with bacon and grilled onions on Ciabatta bread.

They were great. Got me thinking you could do all kinds of crazy stuff with ground meat.

I'm gonna try this with ground lamb, maybe stuff it with Feta & pine nuts. Or pork burgers with apples and celery & grilled onions. Maybe a Mexican burger, with roasted green chilis and jack cheese, serve 'em up with avocado and salsa. An Italian burger, maybe mix pork, beef & veal, and stuff it with roast garlic & peppers & melt some good mozarella and a slice of pancetta, sort of an Italian bacon cheese burger.

dapittboss 10-09-2005 07:18 PM

I love blue cheese burgers. Sealing in the cheese is an awesome idea!

Ron_L 10-09-2005 08:29 PM

Sounds great! I saw something similar on Food Network yesterday. It also works with cheddar.

Wayne 10-09-2005 08:35 PM

Sounds great, can't wait to try this. I will probably have to use Feta for the rest of the family.

chad 10-09-2005 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds pretty Flay to me. :twisted:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!:cool:

You can put bleu cheese right with the lamb, too.

Kevin 10-10-2005 02:05 AM

Canned chipotles is adobo sauce and a little finely chopped onion mixed right in the burger. Good chit.

CarbonToe 10-10-2005 02:50 AM

I've stuffed them with lots of different things - Mozzarella and Bacon (or Ham); Mushroom Sauce (can use any mushrooms); Peppers (can be stuffed) and Mozzarella (or other cheese); even Horseradish. Anything that isn't too mushy; compliments the beef (or other meat) and keeps it moist is great.

Chicken Burgers stuffed with Sage Stuffing or Turkey Burgers stuffed with Cranberry sauce and extra Cranberries are great alternatives for the ladies!! :tongue:

Just go with the classics, lamb+mint; pork+apple; etc etc

Qczar 10-10-2005 06:38 AM

Though all these 'Cheese' burger ideas sound fine and I`m sure tasty, I`m kinda against any cheese on a well grilled burger. Takes too much away from the flavor of the beef of a well preped burger.

VitaminQ 10-10-2005 07:34 AM

I like a mixture of bleu cheese, cheddar, green onion and worcestershire. Good stuff, Maynard. Cheddar and onions is nice sometimes, too.

Neil 10-10-2005 08:55 AM

I've got to give this a try.

icemn62 10-10-2005 03:23 PM

Did this when I first started grilling. I have stuffed them with onions, till my son told me he hates onions. The cheese works so good. I never thought of the combinations you guys have mentioned, but I am wondering if it would work with Pork Chops. Chops with an apple stuffing of some kind.

frognot 10-10-2005 05:13 PM

Lotta good ideas in this thread. Think i'll start with the bleu cheese & bacon one. Thanks, Sami!

spicewine 10-10-2005 05:26 PM

Just 2 words------Yum------Me!!!!!!

smokeypig 10-12-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samichlaus

I'm gonna try this with ground lamb, maybe stuff it with Feta & pine nuts. Or pork burgers with apples and celery & grilled onions. Maybe a Mexican burger, with roasted green chilis and jack cheese, serve 'em up with avocado and salsa. An Italian burger, maybe mix pork, beef & veal, and stuff it with roast garlic & peppers & melt some good mozarella and a slice of pancetta, sort of an Italian bacon cheese burger.

Try this:

1/2 lean Ground beef, 1/2 jimmy dean hot breakfast sausage, smoked/roasted onion mashed, and roasted garlic, some salt and red pepper (aka, cayenne), all mixed together.

grilled with a slice of bell pepper, a kosher dill pickle slice, and a piece or two of provolone or mozzarella cheese inside the burger. Just be careful flippin. its gonna get juicy...

good eats...

dapittboss 10-12-2005 01:09 PM

Man, some of these burgers sound like they could stop blood flowing through your veins on sight. Don't get me wrong, they sound awesome, but wow...