The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   8 Briskets! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13750)

Bigmista 10-03-2005 09:32 AM

8 Briskets!

1 Attachment(s)
It was only my third time smoking brisketsand this time I did 8 of them ranging from 10-16#s. I smoked them each about 7 hours. I lovingly sprayed and wrapped each of them individually. I finished them all in a nice, toasty 255 degree oven almost over night. Some of them sliced perfectly. Others I passed off as "chopped brisket" because they fell apart when I tried to slice them. Everybody at church told me it was the best brisket they ever had. One lady followed me around all afternoon trying to get my rub recipe. Everyone was happy. Except me.

8 briskets. Look at the picture to see what I had left...

Arlin_MacRae 10-03-2005 10:00 AM

Looks like lunch for one, Mista!

Grats though, bro. That's a good-sized load.

icemn62 10-03-2005 10:11 AM

Don't you hate all that work and you don't get any of the good eats? On the other hand that is why we do what we do. Good looking leftover

parrothead 10-03-2005 10:18 AM

Looks good Mista

jt 10-03-2005 10:18 AM

No nibbles while you were slicing and chopping? :wink:

Looks good, Mista!

VitaminQ 10-03-2005 10:24 AM

Nice work, Mista! Just console yourself that the adulation of the people you fed makes up for not getting more for yourself :wink:

BBQ_MAFIA 10-03-2005 12:00 PM

If that's all that was left over it must have been great.

Ron_L 10-03-2005 01:38 PM

Looks great, Mista! Good job on time management!

chad 10-03-2005 02:27 PM

Good job! :razz:

At least you had SOMETHING left for yourself!:wink:

dapittboss 10-03-2005 03:54 PM

Nice work, Bro! 8 at one time, pretty brave. Looks great.

MrSmoker 10-03-2005 04:10 PM

Looks great Mista,what did you smoke them on?

Bigdog 10-03-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista
It was only my third time smoking brisketsand this time I did 8 of them ranging from 10-16#s. I smoked them each about 7 hours. I lovingly sprayed and wrapped each of them individually. I finished them all in a nice, toasty 255 degree oven almost over night. Some of them sliced perfectly. Others I passed off as "chopped brisket" because they fell apart when I tried to slice them. Everybody at church told me it was the best brisket they ever had. One lady followed me around all afternoon trying to get my rub recipe. Everyone was happy. Except me.

8 briskets. Look at the picture to see what I had left...

Neil, I am LMAO. That picture says it all. After bashing with you, I know that you are a Q master cook and have the best rub and sauce recipes to boot. Which rub did you use, more is better or less is more?

Bigmista 10-04-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdog
Neil, I am LMAO. That picture says it all. After bashing with you, I know that you are a Q master cook and have the best rub and sauce recipes to boot. Which rub did you use, more is better or less is more?

I went with more is better. I'd never win a competition with my brisket because it has no real "bark" but I think for sheer taste and tenderness, it was pretty darn good.

nucleargeek 10-04-2005 07:33 AM

Looks great, Mista.....wish I was part of your church congregation!

qman 10-04-2005 07:55 AM

It does look good, Mista. You made a lot of people very happy, and you know you are the Grand Champion in their minds.:grin: