The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pork Chops (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13701)

willkat98 09-28-2005 10:08 PM

Pork Chops

Share your favorite pork chop recipe here

I like mine using a honey glaze

Kevin 09-28-2005 10:32 PM

Thick cut. Grilled hot. Treat em like a fine beef steak.

rookiedad 09-28-2005 11:17 PM

i like them thick cut too, then basted in mango chutney and grilled. also i will rest them in a tray covered with tin foil, then slice them and let them re-soak their own juices. if there is any leftovers i like to make cuban sandwiches the next day.
phil

Samichlaus 09-28-2005 11:22 PM

I use frozen concentrated OJ and a favorite hot sauce as a glaze.

If cooking indoors, I like em' dredged in flour, then egg, then dredged in crushed salt & vinegar potato chips. They should be allowed to then rest for a bit to let the coating set so it won't peel off when it's cooked. Pan fried and then finish off in the oven.

BBQchef33 09-28-2005 11:29 PM

Im with kevin...

hot grilled. simple. Maybe some herbs rubbed on first and brushed with italian dressing.

CarbonToe 09-29-2005 04:59 AM

Grilled with either:

a) A grind of pepper
b) A brush with crushed garlic
c) Smeared with apple reduction (heat chopped apples in a saucepan over low heat with a little water, sugar, lemon juice and then mash with fork! - If you're feeling fancy half cinnamon stick can be added to the pan and removed before mashing)

rbsnwngs 09-29-2005 06:26 AM

I like mine at 1:30
enough of that
i like mine thick cut as well but i use Italian bread crumbs after i dredge

qman 09-29-2005 06:28 AM

what Kevin said.

Thick or double cut, bone in if possible.
I mostly just season with a little kosher salt and grill.

for variation:
rub with a little evoo [Rachel Ray mod], some crushed garlic, and finely chopped fresh rosemary. Put in ziploc and allow to mellow on counter for a while. then grill.

qman 09-29-2005 06:32 AM

Ok, if you just have to cook them inside and are trying to lo carb it;

dredge them in a mixture of crushed pork rinds and finely grated fresh parmesan cheese. Fry as usual.

parrothead 09-29-2005 06:36 AM

I like thin cut. Working on a good pork chop seasoning right now at least once a week.

chad 09-29-2005 06:39 AM

Thin cut and fried for breakfast!

Thick cut and grilled for dinner. Nothing special as far as seasoning - I do use my Jaccard tenderizer on them before grilling.

Qczar 09-29-2005 06:55 AM

Med thick, soy sauce base marinade, grill on searing hot grates with pineapple slices and served with coconut milk rice with bits of hot peppers.

CharlieBeasley 09-29-2005 06:58 AM

Now I'm Hungry

:grin: Pan Fried light flower or Zanaran crust smothered in tomato gravy made from drippings and fresh tomatoes! For breakfast any time of the day or night. Grits and bread of choice.

VitaminQ 09-29-2005 07:14 AM

Mustard-curry marinade, then grilled. I like to slice and grill a couple of apples as an accompaniment.

roknrandy 09-29-2005 07:35 AM

White wine and pan drippings = great sauce and then toss in some mushrooms