The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Grilla Smoker Grills (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Got a Grilla (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129708)

TooSaucedToPork 04-02-2012 04:47 PM

Got a Grilla

Received a Grilla Saturday. Seasoned it yesterday (Sunday)

Easy as pie. Received fully assembled - Unwrapped it from the pallet, cleaned the cooking grate, wrapped the flavor plate in foil to keep it clean, poured in pellets, it fired up instantly.

I put a handful of pellets in the burn pan, it self ignited within 45 seconds, and after 1min 30 sec it was smoking like a champ.

Cooked 5 chickens with apple pellets after seasoning the Grilla. They turned out perfect. I set the temp at 300 and it stayed there for an hour and a half...no fluctuation. I will have a video to put up in a few days...

Neil

ThomEmery 04-02-2012 05:01 PM

That is what I found just purred along
Kinda like there is more power than needed for the cooker
It's a Corvette BBQ Dude

TooSaucedToPork 04-03-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomEmery (Post 2001503)
That is what I found just purred along
Kinda like there is more power than needed for the cooker
It's a Corvette BBQ Dude

NO DOUBT!

The Grilla is a hoss. It is literally a supercharged pellet smoker...

The smoke settings (there are 16) are very precise once you dial them in, took me about 4 hours to log temperatures on each setting.

Then you crank the temperature, and it becomes a wood fired convection oven...my 5 chickens turned out PERFECT in an hour and a half, SO moist and tender...great flavor.

We can't wait to take it to contests and compete on it, i will be posting ALOT of pics, both here and on our team website...

Neil

deguerre 04-03-2012 10:00 AM

How much fuel was consumed for the cook Neil?

TooSaucedToPork 04-03-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2002321)
How much fuel was consumed for the cook Neil?

I had a 10 lb bag of Apple BBQers Delight pellets.

After the seasoning - Build up to temp 25 minutes then 500 degrees for 1/2 hour
Chicken cook - 300 degrees for 1.5 hours

and 4 hours of smoke timing

I used aprox 7 lbs of pellets...at about a dollar a pound - pretty good in my book

Neil

ThomEmery 04-03-2012 10:06 AM

My experience so far is
Really depends on how high I run the temps
Just like any cooker
Right?
When cranking those high temps for it's first burn in as a example
Doesn't take much to run at 225