-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (
-   -   Us dot # (

Puppyboy 03-18-2012 11:20 PM

Us dot #
We thought everything through with our concession/catering trailer from insurance to the health inspection...except for the trucking aspect.

Had to get a US DOT # and fill out paperwork with a state agency (KCC)so I can become a "intra-state private motor carrier" and travel to vend legally.

Gladly jumping through hoops to prove we are not a fly by night business.

BBQ Bandit 03-18-2012 11:27 PM

Please explain the parameters and requirements why a DOT number is required.
Am not familiar with that... is it because the size of your towing vehicle or weight of trailer?
Does your truck/trailer have your business name on the side?

Puppyboy 03-18-2012 11:32 PM

The combined weight of my pickup and trailer plus the fact that I am using it for business makes the pickup a commercial vehicle. But it is only a commercial vehicle when the trailer is hooked up to the truck.

According to a local State Trooper, there are a lot of vending trailers that are not legal in the state because they do not have the DOT #.

Bigdog 03-19-2012 07:43 PM

I applaud you for doing it the right way. It will pay off on the days they check you.:thumb:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.