The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Boone Hall Plantation contest , SC (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12830)

bbqman1 08-02-2005 07:46 AM

Boone Hall Plantation contest , SC

This contest was at one of the best sites I think I've ever been at, The place was absolutely beautiful. They had plenty of power and water, rv hookups if you requested ,We were fed twice also got free ice.They had an army of porta johns, I even found one on saturday that was never used.about 800 people showed up to see what was going on.Some of the best bluegrass bands I've ever herd and I hate bluegrass. Nothing went wrong at this contest, you must put this on the list of must do contest's for next year. Ok boys' time to go, by the way I'll be at Dilliard cooking as Stumps smokers not The Woodhouse Grill. I'll be cooking kcbs as Stumps Smokers from now on.The Woodhouse grill will be FBA

The_Kapn 08-02-2005 08:36 AM

Mike,
Glad to see you finished the changeover to Stumps.
I know you were working hard on that.

Can't find the results for this event--help us out???
Sounds like one to put on the schedule for next year, for sure.

Congrats on your 7th place at the South Carolina Festival of Discovery BBQ - Greenwood, SC on the 16th.
Fine showing there!

TIM

chad 08-02-2005 09:05 AM

See you at Dillard! :D

bbqman1 08-03-2005 10:29 AM

1)Tarheel
smokers (Grand champion)
2)Two big slugs (Reserve)
3)The Woodhouse grill ( second loser haha )
4) Bill & The dixie chicks
5)chatham Artillery bbq
6)Southern que-n-stew
7)Soggy bottom boys bbq
8)Bar-B-Que Monsters
9)Britton's BBQ
10)Two Hog Nuts

chicken
1)Tarheel smokers
2)The Woodhouse Grill
3(Two Hog Nuts
4)Chatham artillery BBQ
5)Bill & the dixie chicks

ribs
1)Southern Que-n-stew
2)Bone heads
3)Chatham artillery BBQ
4)Two big slugs
5)Black Jack BBQ

pork
1)The Woodhouse Grill
2)Bar-B-Que Monsters
3)Blue Ridge Mountain BBQ
4)Brittons BBQ
5)Two big slugs

Brisket
1)tarheel smokers
2)two big slugs
3)pig-n-out pork cookers
4)chatham artillerybbq
5)brittons bbq

How was the cooking school? I heard my name came up a couple of times . I geuss I'd better be ready for you guy's that are gunning for me HAHAHA! anyway dont hold back what did you learn?

chad 08-03-2005 11:03 AM

It was like old home week at the school - talked about teams, etc. You, Kevin, Bill, Rickey (!), etc. Let's just say we learned a lot! Some things about flavors, etc. :D About 1/2 the class will be at Dillard along with Myron & David, James (Britt), and Buster. It ought to be a great weekend.

I'll finish loading tonight so I can get out of town early Thursday a.m.

The_Kapn 08-03-2005 11:08 AM

Great showing Mike.

See ya tomorrow night at Dillard.
Fri night is some Cajun Crab Boil at our place.
Not bunches, but we share :lol:
Save a bit of room in the tummy.

TIM