The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   locked down for the time being. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12478)

BBQchef33 07-08-2005 10:59 PM

locked down for the time being.

Just an FYI. Some of our forums have been locked down to "guests". This means only registered and logged in users can see them. Qtalk, Competition are open for all. But if you come here and Woodpile, Bashes, D&R and a few others are not listed on your forum lists... it means your are not logged in. Just Log yourself in and they will come back.

tommykendall 07-09-2005 09:34 AM

RE: locked down for the time being.

I hope those same guests aren't locked form this forum thereby preventing them from seeing your post. 8)

chad 07-09-2005 10:28 AM

All you gotta do to see it all is join and sign in. Guests wouldn't know they are excluded until after they join and login.

Remember: Membership has its priviledges! :D

I don't have a problem with that.

BrooklynQ 07-09-2005 10:42 AM

Why?

chad 07-09-2005 11:33 AM

Because, he's the Poobah - and with lot's of new hit & run look-sees as a result of the recent TV, radio, and print aricles it's felt the forum needs to keep something for people to check out once they join.

No secrets - you just have to login to see all the forums.

Arlin_MacRae 07-10-2005 05:38 PM

Makes good sense to me. Good job, Poobah.

BBQchef33 07-10-2005 08:29 PM

heres why.

New users come in to a BBQ forum looking for BBQ,

they look around and dont like it, so they leave...

if the forum requires someone to register just to browse, I wind up with a load of users who visted once and never returned. Same with lurkers.

If qtalk and comp is the only thing open to read, they can come and get bbq info without registering, and adding id's to the user list. BUT...

If they want to join the fun and post or see all the other forums, they will have to register then.

Why Now.. ? alot of media coverage is causing people to come "check it out". Like cahd says, its hit and runs..... If they just come to visit, and see what we do, they see qtalk and comp, they see we are a real bbq forum.. Only if they feel the need to post and want to stick around.. THEN they register.. otherwise they are on their way and we dont have them in our user list.

willkat98 07-10-2005 08:37 PM

I fully agree with your decision.

In honor, I cleaned up my profile.

No more Squirrel Dribble Fubble Pincher

parrothead 07-10-2005 09:30 PM

Mine still says nipple!