The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   vending trailer question (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124285)

ON THE FARM 01-16-2012 11:22 PM

vending trailer question
 
Howdy guys,
is the trailer you vend from considered a "certified" kitchen?
if not would you be able to tell my why?
it has to pass a health inspection, correct?

Thanks

BarbequeKansasCity 01-17-2012 12:24 AM

I have been researching this in Kansas City for some time... So I don't know if it will apply at all to you. Kansas City requires you to have a commissary ie, some certified kitchen that you do your main prep, storage and holding water drop they also require you to sign in and out every time you are there. Good Luck with you venture!

HBMTN 01-17-2012 05:22 PM

Yes my trailer is a certified kitchen. It was inspected by the health dept and passed all of the requirements of the state of VA.

JimmyDAL 01-21-2012 08:50 AM

My trailer is a commercial kitchen as well. I fitted it myself and built it around the local and state regs. I would highly suggest this so you don't have go to the commissary. It was more expensive and time consuming but overall it was well worth it.

Bbq Bubba 01-21-2012 09:36 AM

Yes, my trailer was a certified rolling kitchen!

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2685/trailer006f.jpg
By imn88fan at 2010-03-25

ON THE FARM 01-21-2012 08:28 PM

Thanks guys!!!
I will get all my ducks in a row and see what I can come up with.
Big, big help!!

Cue's Your Daddy 02-03-2012 09:08 PM

Where do u get the info to make a trailer a certified commercial kitchen, like what is needed in it to be a commercial kitchen. Thanks.

kurtsara 02-04-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy (Post 1937261)
Where do u get the info to make a trailer a certified commercial kitchen, like what is needed in it to be a commercial kitchen. Thanks.

From your health department.

OL' Timer 02-07-2012 12:31 PM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...k/DSCN0050.jpgThis is my certified kitchen

Cue's Your Daddy 02-08-2012 02:26 PM

If someone doesn't mind saying, what would be a fair price for the materials needed to make a trailer a certified kitchen?

HBMTN 02-09-2012 10:03 AM

Hard to say, depends on what you start with and what you plan to have in it. I can tell you that based on when I started, had I just ordered it ready to cook in vs doing work myself to get it legal. Then used the time I spent working on the trailer to vend and sell BBQ I would have come out ahead ordering it ready to go.

The Cosmic Pig 02-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OL' Timer (Post 1940906)

So you don't need a commissary if you get your mobile kitchen "certified?" I'm not understanding the difference. Here, a mobile kitchen still has to have a commissary, I believe. I didn't know there were two different classifications, or whatever the difference is. I'd really appreciate an explanation! Maybe it's the same here in TN. Thanks!

BigBellyBBQ 02-09-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wearcd (Post 1942732)
So you don't need a commissary if you get your mobile kitchen "certified?" I'm not understanding the difference. Here, a mobile kitchen still has to have a commissary, I believe. I didn't know there were two different classifications, or whatever the difference is. I'd really appreciate an explanation! Maybe it's the same here in TN. Thanks!

just call or go online to your state or county health department, they will work with you to be sure it is what they want...you could build it and once you are trying to have approved they will pick you appart...it is a power trip thay are on they want to think they are in control..problem is they are..but if you start out with them on a plan and then you come back to them with what they are looking for it will make your build alot easier, so the only answer is your health dept..

The Cosmic Pig 02-09-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ (Post 1942753)
just call or go online to your state or county health department, they will work with you to be sure it is what they want...you could build it and once you are trying to have approved they will pick you appart...it is a power trip thay are on they want to think they are in control..problem is they are..but if you start out with them on a plan and then you come back to them with what they are looking for it will make your build alot easier, so the only answer is your health dept..

Yes, I've spoken to them a couple of times and picked up the reqs. Having read through them, though, I didn't see a distinction between a mobile food trailer and a "certified" mobile kitchen. That's my main question, what is the difference? Maybe there's not one here, but one of the Brethren seems to have found a caveat! I'm waiting on an answer to my PM now. :thumb:

Ulcer Acres 02-09-2012 08:17 PM

I have a 34 foot commercial kitchen for sale with stove, convection oven, double door freezer and frig. It has been inspected the last three years in Illinois and passed with out a problem.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.