The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Poll: Wife's gone... what to cook!? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123474)

Jaskew82 01-04-2012 08:23 AM

Poll: Wife's gone... what to cook!?

So the wife is driving down to Florida with the in-laws to help them move into their new home. I am all alone with several smokers :clap2::clap2: so what do I cook!!?

What say you brethren?

Gore 01-04-2012 08:26 AM

Usually when the wife is gone, I just go down to Costco and get a full, bone-in rib roast. When I am hungry, I just slice off a steak and throw it on the grill. If she's gone for more than two days, then I have to go get another.

augie 01-04-2012 08:29 AM

My wife has a narrow range of foods that she'll eat (compared to me at least!), so whenever she's away I'll take the opportunity to cook something that I enjoy that she wouldn't eat. If any of the poll selections fit that bill for you, then go for it!

Jaskew82 01-04-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augie (Post 1902363)
My wife has a narrow range of foods that she'll eat (compared to me at least!), so whenever she's away I'll take the opportunity to cook something that I enjoy that she wouldn't eat. If any of the poll selections fit that bill for you, then go for it!

That would be BEEF for me.

My wife CANNOT eat beef for medical reasons. I figure I will def be doing a porterhouse with baked potato and mushrooms.

She doesn't like wings so that will be another night.

I love the idea of picking up a roast and just cutting off steaks as I get hungry!

kurtsara 01-04-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaskew82 (Post 1902379)
That would be BEEF for me.

My wife CANNOT eat beef for medical reasons. I figure I will def be doing a porterhouse with baked potato and mushrooms.

She doesn't like wings so that will be another night.

I love the idea of picking up a roast and just cutting off steaks as I get hungry!

I would overload on beef then.

I have never had a chicken wing, not enough meat on them to make it worth it.

boogiesnap 01-04-2012 08:49 AM

i voted brisket.

i'd cook whatever would take longest allowing me to consume vast amounts of alcamohol.:biggrin1:

boogiesnap 01-04-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtsara (Post 1902387)

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Jaskew82 01-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtsara (Post 1902387)

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I know they don't have a ton of meat on them but you are missing out man. They are delicious!

NorthwestBBQ 01-04-2012 10:38 AM

Where's the ribs?

bigabyte 01-04-2012 10:39 AM

Yeah, that's why I don't like bacon...not enough meat in a strip of bacon to make it worth my while!:heh:

LMAJ 01-04-2012 10:49 AM

How long is she going to be gone? I voted for All of the above - fill the cooker then fill the freezer!

Jaskew82 01-04-2012 10:51 AM

She is gone tonight at midnight until next thursday... But I have to work Mon- Fri so no long cooks on those days.

LMAJ 01-04-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaskew82 (Post 1902522)
She is gone tonight at midnight until next thursday... But I have to work Mon- Fri so no long cooks on those days.

Perfect... So save the Brisket and the Chuckie for the weekend - everything else is a quick cook!

cowgirl 01-04-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMAJ (Post 1902518)
How long is she going to be gone? I voted for All of the above - fill the cooker then fill the freezer!

I'm with LM! Cook them all and fill the freezer. :becky:

kurtsara 01-04-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 1902507)
Yeah, that's why I don't like bacon...not enough meat in a strip of bacon to make it worth my while!:heh:

I no you are kidding, but at lest you can eat the whole piece of bacon and not throw half of it away.