The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   OakRidge BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Charity Auction! Help Support Orphans Worldwide!!! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122283)

kcmike 12-16-2011 09:51 AM

Charity Auction! Help Support Orphans Worldwide!!!

I'm sure you've seen our Habanero Death Dust rub mentioned on here, and perhaps you remember the original pre-release we did here on the Brethren. We sold out in just two weeks. Each rub package was hand numbered 1 thru 150. Then we sold out a second hand-numbered batch in just under a month. Since then, this rub has become quite a cult smash hit around here and elsewhere across the country.

Well, we held back the first ten hand numbered packages of our very first batch numbered 1 thru 10... They've been setting on a shelf in my office waiting for just the right time. And that time is now!

We have decided to have a silent auction here on the Brethren to auction these first 10 packages. Here's the cool part... 100% of the proceeds will go DIRECTLY to support a non-profit organization called Shaohannah's Hope (or Show Hope for short). They are a 501(c)3 who's sole mission is to mobilize individuals and communities to meet the most pressing needs of orphans in distress by providing 1) homes for waiting children through adoption aid grants, and 2) life-saving medical care for orphans with special needs. You can read more about them on their website here -> http://www.showhope.org/home.aspx

Auction Format:
First, only Brethren Members can bid, no bids from outside sources/websites/etc will be allowed. Each of the ten numbered packages will be up for auction individually.

You may only bid ONCE. However, that bid may contain individual bids for multiple packages if you choose to do so. Again, bidders will only be allowed ONE bid per numbered package and it must be placed to me via PM ONLY. DO NOT POST YOUR BIDS IN THIS THREAD! You may bid on as many of the packages as you like in your sealed bid. Minimum bid for each item is $10.

Bidding will be open for ONE WEEK, starting today and running through MIDNIGHT, December 23rd, with the winners announced on Christmas Eve. At the conclusion of the auction, whoever bids the highest for each of the ten packages will be the winner and will settle up with me via PayPal. At that point, I will disclose the winners and their winning bid(s). Finally, after all the money is collected and gifted, I will also disclose the receipt of the total gift to Shaohannah's Hope, which will equal the exact amount of the total of the winning bids. I will cover all shipping costs out of my own pocket.

LETS DO THIS PEOPLE!!! :thumb:

Items Up For Auction:
  1. #1 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  2. #2 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  3. #3 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  4. #4 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  5. #5 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  6. #6 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  7. #7 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  8. #8 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  9. #9 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.
  10. #10 of 150, Batch #1 - Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust 6 oz.

Ron_L 12-16-2011 10:04 AM

Sounds like a great cause, Mike! Thanks for doing this!

kcmike 12-16-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 1882354)
Sounds like a great cause, Mike! Thanks for doing this!

Thank you, Sir!

stubshaft 12-16-2011 11:05 PM

Great Holiday Spirit!

James Montigny 12-17-2011 11:17 AM

This sounds both yummy and like a great way to support a worthwhile charity.

silverfinger 12-18-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Montigny (Post 1883305)
This sounds both yummy and like a great way to support a worthwhile charity.

I agree! Good Stuff! :becky:

chambersuac 12-19-2011 04:23 PM

Awesome idea, thanks for doing it. Brethren, if you don't have any of the HDD, getcha some!!! It's awesome!

nucornhusker 12-20-2011 12:25 AM

Great idea! I might need to find a companion for my #150 of 150. :becky:

silverfinger 12-20-2011 09:47 PM

Mike,

You said that whoever bids the highest for each of the ten packages will be the winner.

Is this like ebay? example: A person bids 15.00 and you bid 20.00 so the amount you pay is 16.00 or do you pay the 20.00 ?

kcmike 12-20-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfinger (Post 1886892)
Mike,

You said that whoever bids the highest for each of the ten packages will be the winner.

Is this like ebay? example: A person bids 15.00 and you bid 20.00 so the amount you pay is 16.00 or do you pay the 20.00 ?

Nope, not like ebay. If you're the winner, you pay what you bid, so in your example you'd pay $20 if you were the winner. So, plan on bidding the most you're comfortable paying for one (or several) of the packages, then when the bidding period is over, whoever bid the highest on each of the 10 packages is the winner of that package. If you bid on three and you're the highest on two, you win those two. :thumb:

kcmike 12-24-2011 02:07 PM

Alright folks, it's time to chit or get off the pot! Get off 'yer wallets and put some bids in! Bidding closes Tonight at Midnight.

We still have several package numbers which have received zero bids...

#'s 2, 4, 5, 9, & 10 remain open and the others could be out-bid by your next bid!

And to sweeten the deal even further, I will MATCH each winning bid! That means that your donation (if you win the bid) gets DOUBLED!!!

C'mon, make me a poor man!

kcmike 12-24-2011 11:02 PM

One hour of bidding left!

kcmike 12-25-2011 12:03 PM

Auction Closed: Results Below...

Thanks for the bids everyone! Together, y'all raised $150 for the orphans! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here are the winning bidders:
  • $20 - James Montigny
  • $15(x2) - Corky
  • $50 - silverfinger
  • $10 - stubshaft
  • $40 - FamilyManBBQ

As promised, I will personally match each of your donations, which will raise the grand total donation to $300! :thumb: :becky:

And, since y'all were such stand-up folks to put your money out there to help others, I'm going to do you one better... Each of you will also receive 1 pound of the Oakridge BBQ rub of your choice for FREE!!! :thumb: Shoot me a PM with your choice of rub.

Winners, please be sure to send your donations as a "donation" through paypal to this address: sales@oakridgebbq.com

Thanks again everyone!

FamilyManBBQ 12-25-2011 12:54 PM

Great Mike!! Glad to be a "winner" and to help support the cause...Merry Christmas!!

Corky 12-25-2011 01:32 PM

This is a good thing you are doing!