The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Overhaul complete! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121989)

Nate4e 12-11-2011 02:51 PM

Overhaul complete!
 
Picked this up off of Craigslist for $100:
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...1323096877.jpg http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...1323096790.jpg

A few hours with the angle grinder and a couple cans of paint later:
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...1323636184.jpg

Just need to smoke something now!

colonel00 12-11-2011 02:56 PM

Nice work :thumb: I have a automatic search on craigslist just for items like this. With a little time and effort you can turn a good deal into a brand new cooker. Then use it or sell it.

morgaj1 12-11-2011 02:57 PM

That looks great. You got any pics of the inside?

yelonutz 12-11-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel00 (Post 1877537)
Nice work :thumb: I have a automatic search on craigslist just for items like this. With a little time and effort you can turn a good deal into a brand new cooker. Then use it or sell it.

Can you tell us more about the automatic search?

NUTZ

colonel00 12-11-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelonutz (Post 1877548)
Can you tell us more about the automatic search?

NUTZ

I have an app on my phone (Craigslist Notifications) that allows you to enter keywords to search for. If you don't have a smartphone, I believe there are also websites that perform the same function and then email you when a keyword hits.

Brauma 12-11-2011 03:28 PM

Great job. Now season that puppy up!!

jeffjenkins1 12-11-2011 03:29 PM

Nice score! Now filler up!

Jeff

speers90 12-11-2011 03:34 PM

Nice job, looks great!

Nate4e 12-11-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgaj1 (Post 1877538)
That looks great. You got any pics of the inside?

Here is the "before" of the inside. I ran over it with the wire brush and gave it a good coat of cooking oil - it wasn't in too bad of shape but I think I'll be looking for some new grates depending on how these clean up.
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...1323096869.jpg

Cloudsmoker 12-11-2011 04:19 PM

That's just awesome. You must be a BBQ Hindu because you believe in smoker reincarnation.

vhram 12-11-2011 04:26 PM

Great find and restore !

cholloway 12-11-2011 04:36 PM

Great CL find.
Now get a flat plate of 1/4" steel to go over the firebox for a griddle and you'll be in Fat City!

Dallas Dan 12-11-2011 04:51 PM

Nice job! You should send the photos to Southwest Smokers. I'm sure they would be proud.

morgaj1 12-11-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate4e (Post 1877564)
Here is the "before" of the inside. I ran over it with the wire brush and gave it a good coat of cooking oil - it wasn't in too bad of shape but I think I'll be looking for some new grates depending on how these clean up.

You did great. Even if you can't find some wire grates, you could easily make some from expanded steel.

Drew 12-11-2011 05:27 PM

Looks great, just like a new one! :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.