The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *******restaurant depot credit/ debit cards hacked****** (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121443)

Sledneck 12-02-2011 03:58 PM

*******restaurant depot credit/ debit cards hacked******

I just received letter from restaurant depot that stated the credit/ debit card machines were hacked on cards used for purchases from September 21-November 18 2011

Blackened 12-02-2011 04:36 PM

Is that the same as Cash & Carry? I used my card there in that time frame..

Divemaster 12-02-2011 04:41 PM

Same here.... In fact I have to pick up some hams this week as well....

Waiting nervously....

Boshizzle 12-02-2011 05:02 PM

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/pi...pictureid=4465

btcg 12-02-2011 05:34 PM

Sled,

That explains it. Got a call from my Macy's AE, asking if I had tried to make a $770.00 purchase at Best Buy the previous day. It was refused, and the person fled. Seems they made a duplicate card, and tried a $1.25 purchase initally that went through. The $770.00 bounced. We killed the card and they issued me a new one. I had used that card at RD.

Sledneck 12-02-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackened (Post 1867937)

If it's jetro cash and carry then yes

Sledneck 12-02-2011 06:02 PM

They are offering a free year of Id experts fraudstop because of this

Www.idexpertscorp.com/j-RDenroll

ibait2fish 12-02-2011 06:23 PM

Gawd! Tell me that this isn't true! Is this just one store? How was it done? Is RD
notifying everyone?

Sledneck 12-02-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibait2fish (Post 1868012)
Gawd! Tell me that this isn't true! Is this just one store? How was it done? Is RD
notifying everyone?

The letter I got was a general letter with my name and member number up top. I would scan it and post the PDF of it here but Steve jobs made sure I couldn't

caliking 12-02-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btcg (Post 1867987)
Sled,

That explains it. Got a call from my Macy's AE, asking if I had tried to make a $770.00 purchase at Best Buy the previous day. It was refused, and the person fled. Seems they made a duplicate card, and tried a $1.25 purchase initally that went through. The $770.00 bounced. We killed the card and they issued me a new one. I had used that card at RD.

This is common practice with card companies now. I bought a gallon of milk once then went back to buy a gift card I had forgotten to pick up. All my cards were locked immediately (Visa and MC), and when I called in they said they were suspicious because of the small transaction 1st (what criminals usually do to test the card). When the bigger transaction was charged within a few moments, they denied the transaction.

Bob S 12-02-2011 09:21 PM

Yup, I got the letter today too. I don't have any unusual activity on my card, but I'm definitely going to cancel it and get a new one issued tomorrow. What a pain in the a$$. :mad2:

Crazy Harry 12-02-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackened (Post 1867937)

no, different companies

Bob S 12-02-2011 09:35 PM

One thing to understand about this situation is that Restaurant Depot will have no way to notify people that have shopped with a day pass/guest pass. There are a lot of Brethren that do not have their own membership at RD so they will not be notified. I am going to notify everyone at my company (except Sacco) in case they used a guest pass to shop. We need to spread the word because this is a potentially massive amount of identity theft.
FYI, the thieves had malware running in the RD system and were sending our credit card info to a server in Russia for about 2 months. Farkers!

HB-BBQ 12-02-2011 09:36 PM

Great I use my debit card there all the time and during those dates...thanks for the heads up as I have yet to receive the letter. It's time to go back to using cash only.

MilitantSquatter 12-02-2011 09:38 PM

Damn.. that sucks...

On a positive note for me, I was not there during this time period... I was there last Saturday, a week after it supposedly stopped.