The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   We are moving and expanding our servers.!!! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120523)

BBQchef33 11-17-2011 11:21 PM

We are moving and expanding our servers.!!!

Folks, in the very near future(a few weeks most likely) We will be moving our home to some new bigger and badder server hardware and a new provider. :thumb:

We will be adding an additional server to our environment and splitting the workload between the existing servers and the new one. This will eliminate the server busy messages some folks have been seeing, and we will be able to put back all the things we disabled(like the gallery at the bottom of the page) that we disabled to try to offload some server loads. We will also be eliminating the delay between searches and some other restrictions.

We are looking at a few weeks down the road when we can alot a chunk of time to do the work. The only thing that may delay things is hard drive availability(seems theres a work stoppage in Taiwan).

We will however be down for a day while we transfer the forums,
:drama::drama: and it may be as long as 24 hours before DNS replicates completely, so some folks may experience extended outage. :shocked::wacko:

This is a big move, indicative of our growth and will give us a VERY significant performance boost. This is our advertisers and subscribing members $$ at work, without which this move would not be possible. Your financial support is greatly appreciated.

I will keep you all posted as things progress, and will have a backup playground for everyone to use while we do the migration.

:eusa_clap
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Phrasty 11-18-2011 12:10 AM

Awesome news Phil! Just renewed my membership this week too! It's an honor to be a part of the growth Brother! Looking forward to the new back yard! :thumb:

Cheers

BigBobBQ 11-18-2011 01:59 AM

That is great news I am glad you are able to expand and keep up with all of us new members! I hope you have a smooth transition to the new servers.

SmokinAussie 11-18-2011 03:13 AM

Farking AWESOME!!!

Glad my latest $100 Bucks did the trick! :wink:

Well farking worth it and I hope more members subscribe to make this forum the best of them all... well it is already but still....:mrgreen:

Cheers!

Bill

Garyclaw 11-18-2011 04:46 AM

Awesome news Phil!!.......and a "Back Up Playground" too!!:shock:......:becky:

timzcardz 11-18-2011 05:50 AM

There IS a Santa Claus!

Gore 11-18-2011 05:53 AM

Thanks Phil for all you're doing. Did I read though that the website will be down for a whole day? :shock: Do you have any suggestions of what we can do during that time? I'd hate to have to go out and physically talk to anybody. :shock:

aquablue22 11-18-2011 05:54 AM

Great news Phil, perhaps we should establish some sort of "Faux" site to help take away that 24 shut down withdraw or maybe a 24 hour project for the brethren to preform while the sites is being upgraded.

Thanks for all you do!

Ron_L 11-18-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1854258)

We will however be down for a day while we transfer the forums,
:drama::drama: and it may be as long as 24 hours before DNS replicates completely, so some folks may experience extended outage. :shocked::wacko:

NO BRETHREN FOR A WHOLE DAY!!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/smiley-on-fire.gif

Great news, Boss! Thanks for all that you and Badger do for us!

---k--- 11-18-2011 06:39 AM

Thatt is great news. Good luck.

timzcardz 11-18-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gore (Post 1854336)
Thanks Phil for all you're doing. Did I read though that the website will be down for a whole day? :shock: Do you have any suggestions of what we can do during that time? I'd hate to have to go out and physically talk to anybody. :shock:

We could all do a 24hr marathon cook and then as soon as the site is back up try to overload and crash it with new pron! :wink:

Garyclaw 11-18-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gore (Post 1854336)

He said there is goona be a playground for us during that time. I'll push ya on the Merry-Go-Round Gore.:-D

Mat 11-18-2011 07:34 AM

dont forget the floods in Thailand. thats the main cause of the shortage

Jaskew82 11-18-2011 07:48 AM

Thanks for all of your hard work in providing us with this playground... :clap2:

Midnight Smoke 11-18-2011 07:50 AM

We could do a Throwdown, Category; What I Q'd When The Server's Went Down, 24 Hours of Shear Withdrawal"

Good news Phil, thanks for all your hard work! Also thanks to all the others behind the scenes!