Blue Ridge BBQ Festival
June 10th & 11th
Great contest!! Weather was OK,typical southern summer weekend(a few showers fri. night and hot and muggy. Sat.wasn't too bad).Had us moved to a new area of the park.A little crowded but overall a good layout.
81 teams made for some tough competition.Good, strong finish for us(6th overall) :D .Still having trouble finishing good in all four catergories.Two strong finishes(chicken and ribs) and two middle of the road finishes(pork and brisket).Chicken(4th) and ribs(3rd) were perfect. New recipe on chicken really hit the spot.Ribs were the same recipe thats been working for a while.Pork..... :?(47th) what can I say, still haven't found what there looking for.We thought it had good flavor and texture.So we'll keep at it. Brisket(40th) I let it dry out. Didn't get good smoke penetration and had a bland pot roast taste.All things we can fix. :wink:.
Here's the rundown:
1. Whoop-De-Que, Troy Black, Fultondale, Ala., 652.5710
2. Paradise Ridge, Buddy Babb, Nashville, Tenn., 647.4284
3. Checkered Pig, Tommy Houston, Martinsville, Va., 643.9996
4. Moonlight Smokers, Doug Pyron, Lewisville, N.C., 641.1426
5. Music City Pig Pals, Lee McWright, Nashville, Tenn., 639.4284
6. Willy T's Dixie Smokers, Gaffney, S.C., 638.8566
7. Hickory Knoll Cookers, Roger Aydelotte, Franklin, N.C., 638.8564
8. Team Cackalacky, Page Skelton, Chapel Hill, N.C., 638.2852
9. John Boy & Billy Big Show, Carl Lewis, Charlotte, N.C., 638.2852
10. Too Hawg Nutz, Mike English, Taft, Fla., 634.8566
1. Oink, Cackle & Moo Too, Tullahoma, TN
2. Big Daddy's Butt Rub
4. Too Hawg Nutz
5. Palmetto Bar-B-Que Company
6. Alltel Sizzlers
7. King's Cooking
8. Finish Line BBQ
9. Texas Rib Rangers
10. Bone Heads
1. Firehouse BBQ.us, Deland, Fla.
3. Green Eggs & Ham
4. Willy T's Dixie Smokers
5. Roeshy's Stone Mountain Squealers
6. Clyde's Up-N-Smoke BBQ
7. Too Hawg Nutz
8. Checkered Pig
9. Pampered Pig
10. Moonlight Smokers
1. Whoop-De-Que, Fultondale, Ala.
2. Music City Pig Pals
3. Willy T's Dixie Smokers
4. Paradise Ridge Cooking Team
5. Pig-Me Cooking Team
6. Big Daddy's Butt Rub
7. Silence of the Hams
8. Moonlight Smokers
9. B.S. Pitmeisters
10. Lost Mountain Bar-B-Que Company
1. Pit Dog Barbecuers, Asheville, N.C.
3. Hickory Knoll Cookers
4. Blue Ridge Brewing Company
5. Moonlight Smokers
7. Blindog's Outlaw BBQ Gang
8. Team Cackalacky
9. Boot Hill BBQ
10. Pigs In Heat
1. Courtney's Lowcountry Boys, Clover, S.C.
2. Checkered Pig
3. Lazy Bones BBQ
5. Music City Pig Pals
6. Paradise Ridge
7. Wood Chicks BBQ
8. Smoke, Sweat & Tears
9. Silence of the Hams
1. Finish Line BBQ, Hendersonville, N.C.
2. Tennessee Butt Rubbers
3. Sue E. Pigg
4. Cookin' For Us
5. Texas Rib Rangers
6. Red, White & Que
7. Woods Chicks BBQ
8. Too Hawg Nutz
9. Moonlight Smokers
10. Oink, Cackle and Moo Too
Moonight Smokers, Lewisville, N.C.
Drunken Parrot Heads, Lynn, N.C.
Great showing!! Congrats!! You make us proud!!!
The brisket will come to you :lol:
Lots of big names below you on the standings!
See ya at Dillard.
Great Job Willy T. I have a contest in 2 weeks and I only hope I can finish as well as you did.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.