-   Q-talk (
-   -   Attended BBQ fundraiser (

nucornhusker 09-25-2011 11:43 AM

Attended BBQ fundraiser
Probably not a big topic of discussion, but last night a local BBQ competition team, Hot Grill on Grill Action (as seen from BBQ Pitmasters season 2) had a fund raiser to help fund their trip to the Jack Daniels World Championships.

It was fun to talk to the guys of a high level competition team in a relaxed atmosphere (at a bar) and try some of their 'Q. I talked mostly with the pitmaster Ryan, and he was a really cool guy. Very easy to talk with.

They cooked there food in more of a "backyard" style not the fully loaded competition style. I was glad to hear it wasn't over done with flavor, but it did have a lot of good flavor. They did pulled pork and St. Louis Ribs. I got to try both and the ribs were damn good. My wife had the pork and I did get one bite of it. It had a unique but good flavor. I could see how it could stand out in a competition if they kept a similar flavor profile.