The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Non Sanctioned Local event--May 20th, 21st (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11698)

Solidkick 05-10-2005 05:16 PM

Non Sanctioned Local event--May 20th, 21st
 
Several local teams that will be cooking the BoCo fair will be doing a non sanctioned cookoff the weekend of May 20-21 at the Tiger Shrine building.

$100.00 entry fee........be a good time for some to get their feet wet at a low cost.

St. Louis guys, are you in?

It'll be a great time, that's for sure!

If anyone has questions, contact myself, or BellyBro, or BellyBrotherII and we'll try to get you more information. Dunno if Spicewine is cooking this one, but he may be a source of information too.

One of our Brethren, Jamey (LazyQ Acres) is (I believe) the contest organizer.

chad 05-10-2005 05:18 PM

Non-sanctioned are fun! Half the time the judges don't know 'que from ALPO! :D

Go for it - good entry fee and local bragging rights! :D That's worth a lot.

Solidkick 05-10-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Half the time the judges don't know 'que from ALPO!
Geez, I didn't think of that!! :shock:

Following KCBS rules, just don't have 25 teams..........

chad 05-10-2005 05:45 PM

Following the "rules" and having CERTIFIED judges are two different things! :D

spicewine 05-10-2005 06:24 PM

The Defending Grand Champions ( Team Q ) will be there. This is a MOFO MUST !!!! It is a great opportunity for us Brothers to get together. This is the last contest for my Big Red Smoker !! It has a new home in Seattle Washington.

Last Years Results (Spicewine's Team Q )

1st. Place Ribs

1st. Place Pork

1st. Place Brisket

3rd. Place Chicken

Best Of Show

Solidkick 05-18-2005 05:11 PM

Butts and briskets are bought........I'll be making up some of the "secret weapon" rub tomorrow evening. It looks like the weather will be good, maybe a little cold early Saturday morning (I think high 40s). I'm ready! Let's cook something!

kcquer 05-18-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Butts and briskets are bought........I'll be making up some of the "secret weapon" rub tomorrow evening. It looks like the weather will be good, maybe a little cold early Saturday morning (I think high 40s). I'm ready! Let's cook something!
Best of Luck Brother, Bring home the Gold!!!

smokincracker 05-18-2005 08:12 PM

smokem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spicewine
The Defending Grand Champions ( Team Q ) will be there. This is a MOFO MUST !!!! It is a great opportunity for us Brothers to get together. This is the last contest for my Big Red Smoker !! It has a new home in Seattle Washington.

Last Years Results (Spicewine's Team Q )

1st. Place Ribs

1st. Place Pork

1st. Place Brisket

3rd. Place Chicken

Best Of Show

sounds like you own this contest spice man!!!
Your the one to knock off!!! Good luck Smoke well!!!
Have some great fun guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

jminion 05-18-2005 08:41 PM

Spice if the new owner doesn't mind I would like to get a close look at your cooker.
Let me know.
Jim

The_Kapn 05-18-2005 08:53 PM

Jay--gonna be a hard act to follow last year :lol:
But, you can do it!
Wishing ya the best.

TIM

spicewine 05-19-2005 07:59 AM

It was a very small contest last year. I am hopeing that all of the Missouri Brothers show up this year. It will be very difficult . Belly Bros, Chicken Pig and Natural Born Grillers are all very good at what they do! They will be bringing their A Game I'm sure.

Bellybro 05-19-2005 12:34 PM

Not to self: Pack the Hillbilly Horseshoe game so I can beat Spice at something this weekend.

Solidkick 05-19-2005 05:50 PM

Rub is made, and also made a new jug of "MoFo Show Stopper" BBQ sauce, (KC it has a name now........) 8)

I'm trying to stay relaxed, I'm gonna try to enjoy this one.......

BellyBro, bring the washers game.......I think I can take Jay in that........ :wink:

Solidkick 05-19-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellybro
Not to self: Pack the Hillbilly Horseshoe game so I can beat Spice at something this weekend.

You'll take him in chicken.....you got the "secret weapon"...........
:twisted:

Quote:

Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod

Neil 05-20-2005 03:03 AM

Have fun guys. Small, local, non-sanctioned event is the only type of comp I've ever done. We have a blast.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.