The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Practice Run this weekend...SE Wisconsin Anyone want to play practice judge? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106257)

DavidLSI 05-11-2011 03:41 PM

Practice Run this weekend...SE Wisconsin Anyone want to play practice judge?
 
2 Attachment(s)
About a month away from my first competition....

I am having my first full on practice smoke this Sunday (5/15/2011). I have invited friends and family and if the weather co-operates I there will be 20 ~ 30 people!

None of whom will be able to give me a competition perspective.

I have a camp site and picnic spot reserved in Racine very close to the Kenosha border. I have told people that I will be serving at 12:30pm.

If you are in this area, have the time and are willing, stop by and introduce yourself. I would be happy to have you play judge and help me eat some of the 40 pounds of meat I will be smoking.

SeeYa
DavidLSI

Harbormaster 05-11-2011 03:43 PM

I think you meant SE Wisconsin, didn't you?

Sorry, won't be able to come assist, but I have a feeling you'll be in Montello in a month. I'll be there. Look us up!

DavidLSI 05-11-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbormaster (Post 1637831)
I think you meant SE Wisconsin, didn't you?

Sorry, won't be able to come assist, but I have a feeling you'll be in Montello in a month. I'll be there. Look us up!

Thanks for the correction....

I will definitely will look for you.

Ron_L 05-11-2011 03:50 PM

Sounds like a fun opportunity! We're heading to Southern Illinois for a competition so we won't make it. Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbormaster (Post 1637831)
Sorry, won't be able to come assist, but I have a feeling you'll be in Montello in a month. I'll be there. Look us up!

I'm going to get to see the infamous Harbormaster at Poorque?!? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Woo hoo! :whoo:

Reacharounds all around! :hug:

Oh yeah... Track us down and say Hi!, David!

Harbormaster 05-11-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 1637844)
I'm going to get to see the infamous Harbormaster at Poorque?!? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Woo hoo! :whoo:

Reacharounds all around! :hug:

Can y'all feel the love?

Looking forward to seeing you again Ron_L and Parsley Lady.

Mind if I stop in for a cup of coffee Saturday morning?

Lytnin 05-11-2011 04:52 PM

Taking the lady down to Chi-town for a long weekend otherwise I'd stop by and trade you some homebrew for some que. Mebbe next time.

Ron_L 05-11-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbormaster (Post 1637883)

Mind if I stop in for a cup of coffee Saturday morning?

I would be upset if you didn't :-D

Groundhog66 05-11-2011 05:56 PM

I am not a comp guy, but should you be serving 20-30 people if you are really trying to get your timing/accuracy down for turn-ins?

DavidLSI 05-11-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundhog66 (Post 1638020)
I am not a comp guy, but should you be serving 20-30 people if you are really trying to get your timing/accuracy down for turn-ins?


After its cooked someone has got to eat all that meat....

Groundhog66 05-11-2011 07:18 PM

I had no idea you cooked that much during a comp, but I guess it makes sense to have an abundance to cherry pick from.

DavidLSI 05-12-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundhog66 (Post 1638105)
I had no idea you cooked that much during a comp, but I guess it makes sense to have an abundance to cherry pick from.

I am going to have 2 whole packers, 2 pork shoulders, 24 chicken thighs and 6 slabs of ribs. The amount of ribs and thighs has to do with how many are in the pack.

How does that compare to what the rest of you bring to a competition?

jaymo 05-12-2011 01:09 PM

I live in Racine! My house is just a couple blocks north of the top of that map, so you'll be under 10 minutes away from me. That said, I've never done the comp thing, so I wouldn't be much help in giving any sort of judge-ly opinion!:icon_blush:

DavidLSI 05-12-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymo (Post 1638828)
I live in Racine! My house is just a couple blocks north of the top of that map, so you'll be under 10 minutes away from me. That said, I've never done the comp thing, so I wouldn't be much help in giving any sort of judge-ly opinion!:icon_blush:

Your still welcome to stop by to say hello and enjoy the Q

jaymo 05-12-2011 01:17 PM

I'd definitely love to stop by and say hi. I'll have to check the schedule since my wife is in a musical here in town and I think I'm supposed to go to the matinee that afternoon with her parents. I'll let you know though. Thanks for the offer. :-D

Harbormaster 05-12-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidLSI (Post 1638799)
I am going to have 2 whole packers, 2 pork shoulders, 24 chicken thighs and 6 slabs of ribs. The amount of ribs and thighs has to do with how many are in the pack.

How does that compare to what the rest of you bring to a competition?

That's pretty close to what we cook at a comp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.